Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

KarlMcWade said:
ambient air temp is -50c

or is that your SS

3ghz on air is pretty high what was ambient temp

Sorry... I mean it was SUB 50c as in below 50c, not minus 50c... LOL sorry about that one.

Ambient temps?

Done in attic, and only attempted during night in Winter.

CPU was hovering around the 75mark... The attic was droppign to about 12c and the system temps were anywhere between 20 and 30.

Case cooling was 4x80mm delta front, 2x80mm delta rear, 2x120mm YSTech side ( No side panel, just fans and cable ties )
CPU was cooled with 80mm Delta on an SK7 - one of the 120mms blowing over the CPU, at a slight angle towards the rear.

Im sure I have piccies actually... I have taken my old site down, which is annoying as I have simply not had the chance to do *** changes I had taken it down to do, so I will just chuck the whole pile of crud back, but its got my screenies etc all on that.

ccpuz.php

3500+ venice @ 3246MHz
1024MB PC3200 Geil Value
1.7volts
akasa £4 heatsink

about 49c full folding@home load when running at 2.907GHz 24/7

that screenshot is barely even stable enough even to click the verify cpu-z button lol

but when I ran it at 1.7v it was well below that temp cos it wasnt running 100% load, I think it was at 38c when I was at the POST screen and 43c in windows running cpu-z.

regards,
ghgh

My New rig

Just finished installing my new rig:
Cor 2 duo 6600 2.4 @ 3.15
Freezer7 HSF
Asus P5B Delux wifi
2x512MB Crucial DDR2
XFX Nvidia 7950 GT
Maxtor 160+80GB HD
Antec sonata case

Very happy...but need some help from anyone with same cpu/mb combo for voltages to get higher fsb. My crucial mem wont work outside auto seeting in bios....???

Hey, yeah, thats true.

I got 2 DS3 Boards, a P4 in one and the C2D in the other...

Due to my poor RAM, I have the P4 @ 4.3 which is nice, and very fast for all its worth, and yet the C2D is still at stock, so how do you think I feel?

easyrider said:
I would have thought that that 3200 you have is capable of more than 2.5ghz?

Like... 2.6??!!! Well i have this mate at work who said if i bought a DFI board he would help clock it but he has since gone cold on the subject.

Ill be going Core Duo soon so that will need clocking.

Back
Top Bottom