Open University degrees

Associate
I've been thinking for quite some time about changing career partly or at least get myself a good qualification. Now I've found a Degree that I'm really interested which is available on both Open University and other universities. The problem I have is that I can't financially afford to leave work and go to uni full time which makes the OU very interesting.

I know some people here have done part-time education at the OU and my main question is how is a education/degree from them in the eyes of employers compared to a traditional university?

I've talked with a couple of my friends who have trained within the thought area and on Thursday I will meet up with one of my friends who did go on to do a Masters in the subject to go through more options with the possible career and pathways etc, but I wanted to ask for more opinions in regards of the OU compared to standard universities.

Associate
OP
That sounds very good. The OU deegree (Bsc) I'm looking to do is a step away from I'm doing now but it is in the same generic field. Someone told me there is other ways to do what I'm planning to do without getting a degree but I'm thinking that with a degree it will be better if I want to try use it abroad at a later stage as well. Even though sometimes I find it very hard to be able to compare the different trainings available and the actual knowledge you are supposed to get or have from them.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all your replies. I currently work as a Health Care Assistance in the NHS but have lost interest in going forwards with training to become a Registered Nurse even though I would get that training funded while working at the hospital. I'm at the moment very interested in doing a Degree in Sports Science through the OU as I've for a long long time been interested in working more sports related. I'm also looking into courses for sports massage as well. I've been tempted to look into something computer related but I have no experience from coding/programing so have put that on hold.

Back
Top Bottom