Opinions on Plates

Soldato
I'm looking at getting some show plates for my 205 GTI and I've been deliberating over getting some plates legally UK spaced or some that aren't. Basically my choice is G815 BHN or G81 5B HN (correct spacing and font for French plates). The plates will be on authentic French aluminum plates from Craigsplates.com. Obviously with the F EU logo etc. What's everyone's opinions?

I'm leaning towards the French spacing but I'm a little concerned about a) people thinking I'm trying to make up some kind of crap personalised reg b) getting pulled by the police. A friend has Wolfsburg plates on his dub but obviously there's a little more too them than spacing :S Opinions?

I've attached 2 rough examples.

UK plate
uk.jpg

French plate
fr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
pinkaardvark said:
I hope you don't want french plates because your car is french... that's just too sad.

Quite a few of the Euro cars have Euro Stlye plates on them. Many of the cars you see at FCS and Edition 38 have Euro stlye font on. It's more of a styling thing rather than a simple just wanting to have French plates because your cars manufactured is France thing :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
whitecrook said:
That's not a french plate. It's a UK plate spaced wrong.
At first I was quite annoyed at your comment. Having read it, you think my reg plate looks like a UK plate made to look like a French plate. Fair comment :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sanchez said:
At first I was quite annoyed at your comment. Having read it, you think my reg plate looks like a UK plate made to look like a French plate. Fair comment :)

Indeed :) I realised after I posted it could have a double meaning.

A french plate has a different typeface.
A french plate is made from stamped metal.
The french are changing the style of their plates next year.
You can't legally put a french plate on a UK registered car. Not that that has any bearing on 'the look'

I realise you said they are rough examples, but so is this:

F G81 5B HN

:)

Man of Honour
They really look silly, it isn't a French plate, it'll never be a French plate, and thats why it looks daft.

Isn't there some legal thing relating to displaying the wrong countries symbol on your ple anyway?

Soldato
Im curious, whats it meant to say anyways? Ive spent a while trying to figure out what words your trying to display by fiddling the plate, but i still cant notice anything obvious.

Permabanned
Stellios said:
Im curious, whats it meant to say anyways? Ive spent a while trying to figure out what words your trying to display by fiddling the plate, but i still cant notice anything obvious.

He's not, he's just using 'UK Spacing' in the top one and 'French Spacing' in the bottom to try and achieve a look. He's not attempting to form words.

Back
Top Bottom