*** Oppo Find X2 Pro Thread ***

Soldato
Even me I'm still torn though as there are times I need the dual sim. However, when I think of it in practical terms, I don't really use dual sim that much. Also with your Chinese version, my understanding is Google pay will not work?. Also why did you buy on ebay second hand, as I understand its cheaper on Wanda mobile?
I realise I forgot to put the price, was £690, so Wonda Mobile can't match that for something used for less than a month and basically new.

The Dual Sim is important as I work outside EU for work, so save swapping between countries sims - and 2 phones.

All GMS is loaded in the Chinese version, and I didn't read Google Pay don't work. Will check and confirm when it arrives.

It'll not be a deal breaker, just need to remember my wallet.

Associate
I realise I forgot to put the price, was £690, so Wonda Mobile can't match that for something used for less than a month and basically new.

The Dual Sim is important as I work outside EU for work, so save swapping between countries sims - and 2 phones.

All GMS is loaded in the Chinese version, and I didn't read Google Pay don't work. Will check and confirm when it arrives.

It'll not be a deal breaker, just need to remember my wallet.
Oh I see, yes to be honest I use my credit cards for day to day purchases, which Google pay doesn't support anyways. So did you buy this on ebay, from a Chinese seller or someone based here in the UK?. I never really buy on ebay from anyone abroad as I am not brave enough.

Soldato
Oh I see, yes to be honest I use my credit cards for day to day purchases, which Google pay doesn't support anyways. So did you buy this on ebay, from a Chinese seller or someone based here in the UK?. I never really buy on ebay from anyone abroad as I am not brave enough.
From the UK, private seller.

I was tempted by the 'Swiss' seller, which is basically from HK/China a few weeks back, but held my ground and kept convincing it's not the the right price yet. That was at £780.

I do eBay, but ensure the private sellers have good feedback and see what else they've sold before and how well they present the items (photo) and has all the accessories and extra cases. I got a good vibe thus pulled the trigger.

For importers with UK shop, make sure they have good feedback and they send you the item after they recieve it (they'll handle customs), otherwise, weigh in the risk of Customs charges (plus admin fees) before you decide if you like the odds.

I avoid private seller from abroad - too risky.

Associate
From the UK, private seller.

I was tempted by the 'Swiss' seller, which is basically from HK/China a few weeks back, but held my ground and kept convincing it's not the the right price yet. That was at £780.

I do eBay, but ensure the private sellers have good feedback and see what else they've sold before and how well they present the items (photo) and has all the accessories and extra cases. I got a good vibe thus pulled the trigger.

For importers with UK shop, make sure they have good feedback and they send you the item after they recieve it (they'll handle customs), otherwise, weigh in the risk of Customs charges (plus admin fees) before you decide if you like the odds.

I avoid private seller from abroad - too risky.
Aaa yes that makes sense. So your one ultimately has no warranty I suppose?. Not that warranty really matters nowadays anyway as can't remember when last I had to do rma.

Soldato
Have the ceramic finish, honestly don't really notice the weight. When using the included clear case there is a slight wobble.

Tried Nova but prefer lawnchair and it also has the Google feed as an add on which works perfectly.
Thanks am only just now coming across lawn chair.

Soldato
Got it yesterday - 12GB, 256GB Chinese version. Dual sim.

Wow, the screen and speed on this thing. Big step up from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Camera needs further testing still, but initial thoughts are good.

Tried to adb out ColorOS launcher - can't replace launchers as you normally do due to Chinese Rom. No idea why, so 1 extra hassle, but it was not advised as many of the gestures are linked to it. I'll just have to live with this ColorOS launcher - and use Widget to give me extra utility.

So far I can confirm Google Play can be installed, all my apps are working (including my Lloyds and UniCredit bank app). Only apps I can't download was Disney+ and Netflix. I side loaded Netflix, wasn't fussed by Disnet+ as my kids watch that more than me.

Pokémon GO works and wow does it shine on that screen and refresh rate!

Google Pay works without issue.

OK Google don't work vocally, I had to use Assistant app to start it.

As long as you're comfortable doing some fiddling without rooting, Chinese version seems feasible for the cost saving.

ADB is definitely recommended to remove the bloat and Breeno - the single most annoying POS Oppo has for what I would consider the best Flagship phone right now.

Soldato
Cheaper today on a well known etailer that is tax efficient...

I have bought black ceramic comes tomorrow. For spec and build increase over a one plus for fifty quid more I am happy.

Going to ship the official Kevlar case for it too.

Seems I should be eligible for B&O H9 headphones £450 new! Thought it was only a preorder promotion outside of UK but T&C's seem that's not the case.

Last edited:
Soldato
How are people finding the battery life on this?
2 days in, still a lot of fiddling on the phone. With 6hours screen time, last charged 14hours, I have 18% left.

Not bad considering, I didn't charge it last night, plugged in at 0830, fully charged by 0855 from 30% charge. *That* impressed me and my missus. Literally a ****, shower and shave charging.

I had to fiddle with battery settings, notification and background settings, more so than Huawei I used previously, to make sure I get notifications promptly (WhatsApp, WeChat, FB, Insta, BBC news, Outlook...) Seems OK now, will see over the weekend.

Soldato
got the phone yesterday, its a hefty beast. The screen is immense sucks you in with some content.

I find the speakers good, could do with a bit more mid range texture.

Camera in certain light conditions good, in others like trying to take photos of my fish seems worse than my 2XL.

Battery rate of charge mental, I have installed accubattery so I can be told when it has reached 75%

Liking colorOS no issues and running lawnchair so have google feed again.

Associate
So trying to find why not to go for this?

Currently have mate 20 pro. Liked it no worries. Would have gone Huawei again if it weren't for trump.

So... Leaves a One plus 8 pro... Am with EE and get 30% off so have to stay. And no one
Plus.

Leaves Galaxy S20 Plus.. Not interested in ultra
Note 10 plus... Fancy this... But feels like buying old tech.. Fancy the pen but will I really use it?

Am sure the note 20 will be crazy price.... So fancy this.

Camera sweet.
Spec sweet.
Storage mad
Charging mad.

Am wondering what the updates will be like... Surely can't be as bad as Samsung?

And free headphones... Will sleep on it.

Let's face it I watch YouTube... Message... Take pictures.... Why am I overthinking it?

Incidentally EE do a pass thing where YouTube doesn't use your data... Anyone have this.. Might be worth getting less data and this?

Soldato
Have to say disappointed by the camera, only used indoors but the pixel 2XL makes fair bit nicer photos.

The lens doesn't seem particularly sharp and grain creeps in far too early which is suprising this being a large Sony sensor.

Photos are important to me but i'll just live with it till non pixel phones finally catch up.

DXO mark cavorting with manus I reckon to boost scores in some ideal lab conditions or something.

Everything else great

Associate
I've read so many reviews last few days it almost like a conspiracy to nobble phones to not make the best it can be.

Thanks for your input. First I've seen about the camera not too cool. Probably spoiled by Google there though.

Soldato
yeh spoilt by google for sure,

and I just tried two variants of gcam which means you lose optical zoom. Helps a little but mostly just looks like you took the photo in a different style.

I have doubts as to what software improvements can be made at this point.

don't get me wrong, camera isn't BAD, in some (read: well lit) conditions looks good as good as pixel or just slightly different

It may redeem itself outside, raining all day here...

Soldato
Phone A & B. All photos from one phone will be A etc...

Which is which you tell me. It wasn't as bad as I thought actually.
Strengths and weaknesses to both phone cameras.
Tried my best to keep framing consistent and focal point too.
A:
uc

B:
uc

A:
uc

B:
uc

A:
uc

B:
uc

Last edited:
Soldato
Might be a google sharing thing as they're made by a link generator. Lemmie see if can be fixed as have done it before.

Associate
Took the plunge.

Managed to get unlimited data.... Can send some to my son.. 43 per month and the free headphones which I would never buy at 400+

Let's face it coming from a 2 year old device I'm sure I ain't going to be that disappointed.

Let's see. Supposed to be coming tomorrow so will follow up in a few days.

Associate
I'm thinking B looks better so will be the Google phone?

To be honest I always edit with snapspeed or something before using so as long as the original ain't fuzzy then can be usable.

Sat down and wanted to wait for the note 20 ultra but just how much... Silly trying to justify it.

I was a bit different going huawei 2 years ago so let's go different again. Oppo part of one plus so can't be that bad.

Soldato
Photo of PC.

Phone A has not blown out the CPU block showing better HDR implentation. Sharpness slightly higher

Photo of flowers.
Phone A could have it's photo brightened but clear winner is phone B. More detail retrieval evident in this moderately low light scenario.

Photo of planes. Phone A has merged the orange paint on a wing to be homegenous, phone B has maintaned detail of the polystyrene texture. Corner noise and overall noise is worse on phone B however. The microfiber towels appear sharper on phone A.

Phone A is the Oppo Phone B the pixel.

Low light pixel is going to win but the oppo has some attirbutes that do make it technically better. Overall doing this test has reassured me and feel a lot better toward the phone. I was expecting too much, like when I went from my nexus 6p to the 2 XL the camera obviously was a huuuuge leap forward.

Back
Top Bottom