*** Oppo Find X2 Pro Thread ***

Associate
Is yours £700 by taking off the headphones? I'll probably keep them. I currently have Sony MDR-1000x but can give these to the missus, as I've heard good things about the B&Os.
No I took the risk of buying one second hand. Had to clean it like hell , but it's worth it...

Associate
That feature to enable dark mode in most third party apps, is pure genius. Its going to save my poor eyes!, and not many phone's even oneplus have this feature...

Soldato
Received it at work during lunch, painfully slow WiFi so updating all apps but initial impressions, massive step up from my Pixel 3a. Will give it a thorough testing later. Although can we not set the power button to double tap and open the camera? Also, is there anyway to increase the vibration strength of notifications?

Last edited:
Soldato
whatsapp fine with me. chrome has stuck once, seems latest chrome updates are generally b0rk.

you can adjust vibration strength there is a setting.

swipe from bottom right camera bring up camera. I miss double tap from pixel

Soldato
Just received a text from EE about the headphones and it says "We'll be in touch with another message when your free Bang and Olufsen H8i Headphones is available to redeem", it should be the H9's.. anyone else get this?

Associate
Anyone tried any skins for this phone. I feel a case, will add much more weight to a already massive phone. Any suggestions? Just checked dbrand and they don't seem to have skins for this phone.

Soldato
I quite like the case it actually comes with. I'm finding it heats up a bit when I use it with Android Auto, and it doesn't have a toggle to turn the screen off when in use like my pixel does which is weird.

Soldato
Got 5g at work, can get over 300Mb/s. However I suspect just being connected caused charging this am to 81% not using phone at all then checking it near lunch time I had dropped to 67%.

So I've set it to max out at 4g and see how it goes. I think 5g phones need 6000mah+

Associate
First impressions.... Hmmm bit underwhelmed?

Maybe the mate 20 pro wasnt that bad a phone even 2 years down the line.

Size is fine. Screen is great. Few annoying things I found I could change in the Color OS settings. Haven't got a problem with the OS. Plenty of customisation. Seems really smooth.

Call clarity has been great. Haven't been out to shoot the camera but the indoor pics I've shot seem nice. Kids and night pics indoors. Couldn't decide if the kids hair seemed a bit cartoony/soft. May have left a beauty mode on or something. Pretty sure I turned them off.

One thing I never understand. Watching a YouTube video. You watch with the smaller size or use stretch and loose portiona of the screen. Just why? Why is there not a stretch to screen size. Was the same with the mate 20 pro. Speakers are nice and loud. Have had no problem with Bluetooth headphones etc.

Charging is rediculously fast. Not sure if it's good for the battery over 2 years but time will tell.

Must admit the first day I kind of battery watched and it seemed to go down very quickly without seeming like I did a lot. Next day was better. It seems to have very good stand by stamina. But soon as I do anything you kinda see it go down quite fast. But it's now 8.50 and there is 51% battery left so easily my day is covered. I don't even charge overnight now. Just a quick blast tomorrow will suffice as currently working from home.

So it seems everything is there. It just doesn't seem the big step up. And I think this is the problem now. The phones of 2 years ago were OK for me. Nothing really gets much better... Screens get higher refresh rates the battery gets a bit bigger but then eats it a bit quicker and kind of cancels it out.

One issue for me is the case. Currently using the one that came with it. I ordered a leather flip case from the rainforest. That came yesterday. Is fine but the added weight and bulk just made it hard to manage in the hand. Back off and will see what else comes around.

I really did like the official flip case on the mate 20 pro Nd liked the way you didn't need top flip open to see the time/notifications. As soon as someone makes a thin case like this take my money.

Happy with the phone I get 30% off. Would I pay full.... No... I don't think any phones worth that these days.

What swayed me with the oppo over the ultra was not paying more and exonus chipset. Seems a bit of a con move from Samsung.

If the one plus 8pro was on EE I would have taken that. Cheaper and wouldn't have compromised that much in everyday use. Wanted to wait for the Note 20 Ultra but would have been just to expensive to justify a bit of doodling on tiny screen.

Soldato
The native photos app is draining my battery each night but i can't see how to stop it or uninstall as I use Google photos. I imagine it's trying to sync but any ideas how to stop?

EDIT: uninstalled via adb, hopefully resolves it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I see what you mean, I'm not wowed and battery life is only ok, maybe Oppo can further software tweak it. Took a standard photo yesterday was meh about it. Charging to 80% limits my mileage, might buff that up slightly to 85-90%

How did you identify native photo app draining battery and what is adb?

Soldato
I see what you mean, I'm not wowed and battery life is only ok, maybe Oppo can further software tweak it. Took a standard photo yesterday was meh about it. Charging to 80% limits my mileage, might buff that up slightly to 85-90%

How did you identify native photo app draining battery and what is adb?

I don't charge overnight, but when waking up my standby would drop further then I would normally like. Go into settings > battery > power usage and each morning the photos app would suddenly be top due to background usage. I've uninstalled it using through ADB where you can uninstall any app without root: https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

I find battery ok, taking into account I've set it to 120HZ all the time, Bluetooth is always on due to my watch and the screen quality. Manages 7hr usage yesterday and 21 hrs off charge with a lot of 4k videos.

Soldato
I just saw through another app the stock photos application accounting for 3% when i've never used it. Will look into bloat removal, never thought of it impacting run times.

Btw I changed speaker setting to music instead of auto, I think it sounds a fair bit better in general useage YT etc than the auto setting.

Soldato
Can't comment tsobo, sorry. I can say it's extremely premium from my point of view, spec wise it's one of the best out there, if not the best.

Just forced the latest update to .30 with July security patch and other optimisations by using my VPN to connect to Italy's servers.

Soldato
battery life seems to weirdly be improving after a week or so. adaptation? def loving the storage for downloading Tidal albums for offline use

Soldato
battery life seems to weirdly be improving after a week or so. adaptation? def loving the storage for downloading Tidal albums for offline use
I noticed that too.

Today I'm on 15hours off charge, 4.5hours SOT and currently 52%. Mix of Googlefit activity tracking, social media, browsing and 20mins Pokémon Go. BT on all day with my headset and watch, with Spotify playing for 2hours.

Much improved.

I did turn off WiFi scanning since the weekend, so it stops switching between my 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz connection when the signal goes weak. Wonder if this made a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom