optimum fuel economy

Soldato
Bug One said:
What did they do to get that much power from it? I'm guessing a bit more than just a chip. FMIC, Induction mods, exhaust and new turbo?

What is it as standard?

Its not such a big gain as its 225 bhp and 207 Torque as standard with the Revo remap it takes it to 260bhp and 285 torque.

Using a SPS3 I have optimised the timings to run on octane 100 fuel and increased the boost pressure a little. This coupled with an uprated fuel pressure regulator, milltek exhaust system and modified induction has taken it to about 275 bhp.

I did think about a larger turbo (GT28RS I think it was) however I decided it was not worth the risk to the engine or the money.

The 1.8T is an amazingly tuneable engine it can quite easily get to 350 bhp

Soldato
I find with with my car that even 70mph is a bit high up the revs for my liking in 5th year, almost 4,000rpm. 50-55 is about the best for economy I think with mine.

The bike, thats only at about 5750 rpm at 70 which is probably super economical if I tuck up a bit to stop drag. 100mph is about 8500rpm. again, probably not that bad at all if I do my bit to stop drag, i dont think that 13000rpm in last is very economical for me though, not very comfortable or quiet either! :D The speedo almost runs out of numbers too!
gallery_024.jpg

**NOT MY BIKE** Mines done far less miles than that one!

Associate
Does definitely vary from car to car. My car appears most efficient at 50-55, giving as much as 33mpg average. At 70 best average is 27, however at 90-95 i can still average 24mpg, much smaller jump.

For some odd reason the car seems to hate 70, it feels all wrong, above 80 its lovely and below 65 (if i'm running early) it's good too.

Soldato
does not matter, I get between 10 and 25 mpg depending how mental I'm feeling but I dont care just did the first tank in 210 miles, I wouldent have bourght an RS Turbo if I cared, what most people loose in depreciation I spend on fuel! it comes back to me in enjoyment! :D

The old corsa it was doing 60-70mpg at 70mph, 55-60 at 80mph and around 40 above that. but that was vey boring!

Last edited:
Soldato
Paras said:
Its not such a big gain as its 225 bhp and 207 Torque as standard with the Revo remap it takes it to 260bhp and 285 torque.

Using a SPS3 I have optimised the timings to run on octane 100 fuel and increased the boost pressure a little. This coupled with an uprated fuel pressure regulator, milltek exhaust system and modified induction has taken it to about 275 bhp.

I did think about a larger turbo (GT28RS I think it was) however I decided it was not worth the risk to the engine or the money.

The 1.8T is an amazingly tuneable engine it can quite easily get to 350 bhp
What car is this? I thought the 1.8T developed 150bhp in the older Golf GTI, and 180bhp in the new one.

Back
Top Bottom