• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opty 175 .... New windows install?

Associate
Hey guys,

I just bought myselft an opty 175 today, should arrive soon. :D I wanted to upgrade to dual core, my current rig does the job well and I didn't want to splash out on a whole new core2 rig. I thought I better buy before all the 939 processors are gone as ive been seeing stock drop and prices rise.

I was wondering will I need a new windows install for the processor? I just did one a few days ago as my pc got a real bad virus and messed up the display; I dont want to go through another install!

your help would be appreciated thanks,
Hayley :)

Permabanned
awaiting a 165 here, cant justify whole new rig really but this is about make what i have last as long as possible. and when i do rebuild i know this rig is pretty much maxed out and will be great for my son.

opt 165 (soon)
2gb corsair cas2
xfi-xtreme
x1800xtx 512
a8n-e

Associate
OP
Cool so looks like a simple case of swapping the processors. Hopefuly the rig should last for another 12 months after that.

Looking forward to my delivery on friday, looks like most places have sold out now or charging stupid prices.

Back
Top Bottom