ordered new case, now i have second thoughts

Associate
Hi Guys

I am building my 13 year old brother a "new" computer out of all my old parts for Christmas, as I just built my self a new pc. Anyway, I'm happy with all the other parts I've ordered. Apart from the case.

I ordered a http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-029-AE

because it looked quite good, small, and good cable management. How ever its not in stock at the moment and doesn't seem the most popular of cases.

I'm looking for something around the same price range, or maybe spend a little more and get a new case for me and give him my Antec 300 case which has pretty poor cable management which sucks for my new build.

Soldato
I personally wouldnt use it. But for a small build for my little bro of 13. Seems fine to me.

So unless you can really stretch your budget and get yourself something that suits your requirements better, and give the brother the antec id just go for it.

The way I see it for my personal builds. GPUS CPUS etc all get replaced regularly. But a case. if you spend the initial investment, and look after it. Will last you far far longer.

Associate
OP
The more i think about it, the more i want to spend a bit more on a decent case (£70/80) range to use for my PC and give my brother the antec.

C64

C64

Soldato
everyone bigging up the p280 its good for £65 myself included thought it looked a great bargain but then I noticed a few things such as is the hdd cage modular ?

so you can get airflow to the gpu's it would seem not and 2x 120mm even at high rpm is just going to waft warm hdd air towards the gpu's slightly not much air is getting through those cages, also exactly which material is being used for sound dampening ? is it just some cheapo foam ? as £10-£15 more will get you a fractal with properdense bitchumen dampening

I have also noticed it doesn't come with any front fans and you can only mount 120mm x 2 at the front which is very outdated so as you can see £65 seems more realistic now and not such an amazing bargain as many would think I'd pay a wee bit more and get a fractal.

So.... £65 then you'll have to add cost for needing to buy 2x 120mm fans may as well get an R3 it's a much better package for not much more money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom