Origin account...............................expired.

Soldato
Dear customer.
Your origin account contact information has been expired. Please refresh your contact information here: http://origine.1gb.ua/index.htm or your account will be blocked.
Thanks

Anyone else had this message. It`s only been a couple of weeks since I used my account and it has stood idle a lot longer than that before. And my contact details have not changed in any way.
It looks genuine but a little threatening, at the same time. Do it or else.

Soldato
I get loads of GW2 emails like that, Don't even own the game.

They set the hyperlink to Guildwars2.com or whatever, but if you hover over it it's about 500 characters of tat long to the dodgiest website going.

Tasty.

Soldato
I got one this morning as well. I'm guessing that we were all on the leaked customer data list. Hope you've all changed your passwords, and just in case you might want to think about beefing up the password on your registered e-mail account in-case they try to brute force them.

Any account email from anywhere always go to the official source never be lazy and click.

This is also true of unsolicited phone calls. If someone phones from the bank, take their name, and then phone the bank though their main switchboard (from a mobile handset as POTS phones can leave the line open to the phisher if they haven't disconnected yet), and ask them to put your though to the person who called.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9481701.page

Only just woke up, so my powers of observation are not at their best.

Thanks Longbow, can see why you don`t have many friends. REALLY.:rolleyes:

edit: Never been scammed.

How would you be able to determine how many friends I have?

You posted on a computer hardware forum about a blatant scam and said it "looks genuine". Perhaps if you get fooled by that, and dislike it when you get ridiculed for it, then the internet is not for you?

Caporegime
Thanks for the warning it seems my credit card details had expired too so I've just updated them

EDIT: seems it was a scam lloylds tsb just phoned me to ask if I had spent £9,891 in russia and wanted me to confirm my pin number

Soldato
I got that too. I assumed it was fake due to the bad grammar "has been expired".

Does Origin even close your account for not using it? I mean I know they must be desperate to catch up with Steam but closing customer accounts doesn't seem like the best way of doing that. Although, with EA I really don't know.

Soldato
Meh, Origin is ****ing me off to no end of late anyway. Will not stay logged in no matter what I do. Every time I launch ME3 I have to put my login details in, every time.

Back
Top Bottom