Origin is awful

Associate
So I buy the humble bundle, get over to origin, enter the keys, and of course the downloads are unbelievably bad. They are either eternally 'resuming' or 'preparing' or they download for 10 minutes then stop completely.

None of the games have downloaded completely, and its not looking like they will.

I have tried a whole arsenal of fixes but nothing works whatsoever.

Not only that but upon spending 2+ hours looking online I have found numerous forums full of people like me now who have these problems - the thing is these people posted 2 years ago.

So EA have been aware of these problems for 2+ years and still nothing is done?
I am lost for words, I never realised Origin was this bad. Although I didnt spend a huge amount of money in this situation I know there must have been/are still people out there who have spent a lot of money buying some of these games through origin and experience the same problem.

Someone out there must have had a similar problem to this, surely?

Associate
OP
Ive heard multiple EA horror stories now, worst being someone buying bf3 at launch through origin but being charged twice, then calling up asking for a refund in anger and ending up getting his account removed. => about 80 pounds out of pocket and for what? No Bf3, origin account removed.

EA is a mess. The worst thing is they wont even acknowledge it. And Tute thats spot on

Associate
OP
Slowed down is an understatement. Steam sale gets huge amounts of traffic - no doubt far more than origin is with the humble bundle, but steam has never let me down when it comes to downloads. If Origin seriously wanted to 'compete' with steam they would have sorted themselves out a long time ago

Associate
OP
Reaper Im getting that aswell, but Origin is known to be slow for downloads anyway so maybe youre lucky so to speak. That being said, after a day of nursing origin every 10 minutes, constantly restarting origin as admin hoping download would work, BF3 has just finished downloading and is installed.. there is hope

Back
Top Bottom