Origin Summer Sale!

Associate
Looks like you can also use other 'basket' discount codes on top of the 50% off.

Got a 25% discount code as its my bday this month so ME3 for £13.12 is quite tempting for my first proper origin purchase.

Associate
Even if the games came with free puppies that could shoot laser beams from their head... I would still not buy from Origin. :p

surely the puppy with laser beam would be worth it :O!?!?! then go buy the game again elsewhere...

SURELY?!?!?

this is the closest i could find: (LOL)

sharkwithfrickinlaserbe.jpg

Soldato
Looks like you can also use other 'basket' discount codes on top of the 50% off.

Got a 25% discount code as its my bday this month so ME3 for £13.12 is quite tempting for my first proper origin purchase.

If you want to get ME3 you might as well buy it on Origin, you need to register it in the same way as a Steamworks game anyway.

Associate
If you want to get ME3 you might as well buy it on Origin, you need to register it in the same way as a Steamworks game anyway.

Exactly, shame as Ive got 1 & 2 on steam, was half holding out in the hopes they'd do a crysis 2 and put it on steam eventually, but I really doubt it with ME3 since like BF3 its a 'flagship' only on origin title and Crysis2 was on steam initially.

Soldato
Does EA ever do sales on their points? Im still down on two 400 point DLC's for Dragon Age, that'll cost me £6.99.

If DA complete goes near that price on Steam i know what ill do.

Associate
EA and Origin are just pathetic these days. Pretty much everything EA touches turns to rubbish, with only a few games exceptional to that.

I'm hoping Generals 2 and SimCity 5 aren't origin only. I've been looking forward to them (hoping they'd be made) for close to a decade but if I have to use origin them EA can shove it.

Associate
just found this thread and had a look, only game i would think about buying is Mass effect 3, but i still need to play through 1 & 2 i keep getting distracted by other games, by the time i reach ME3 i can see it being a lot lower then that

Soldato
I was quite interested in BF3, then i saw a BF3 DLC pack that unlocks weapons. Is that... is that real? You dont get all the weapons when you pay £40 for teh game?

Of course you do.

The dlc just unlocks everything from the off, rather than earning them through experience progression

Associate
EA were once respectable. They helped DICE mess up BF3 to the point where i don't think i'll be looking at BF4 if there is one. Origin is a shambles and to think they can catch up to steam is a joke. Sales??? Pah!

Soldato
My mate bought Battlefield: 3 for £14.99 if anyone is interested, Russian copy btw which means you'll need to update your language files if you decide to purchase that specific copy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom