OS X scaling causes blurriness -- any workarounds?

Associate
I've just got a Macbook (2018), but the resolution is too small to use, so I connected it to an external monitor (BenQ GW2765). Unfortunately, the text is still very small. If I change the resolution to 1080p, the text becomes bigger but is very blurry, presumably because I'm not using the monitor at it's native resolution. Increasing font size helps a bit but I can't do it for all UI elements.

As things stand the laptop is unusable (I have trouble with small text following a head injury). I'd be grateful for any advice.

Would a different monitor make any difference? I can pick up a 4k monitor if scaling works better...

Soldato
I'm not sure what the relevant setting would be on OSX but in Windows you just turn the scaling up past 100% and it makes high dpi displays have much bigger and easier to read text. I'm fairly certain OSX will have an option for it.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately, OS X doesn't. (As far as much Googling reveals.) I have Windows connected to the same screen and it works great with the 150% option.

Back
Top Bottom