osx which anti virus

Associate
ok i know there are naf all virus' out there for osx, well not many anyway. but to help prevent me from passing something nasty on to any unsuspecting windows user i feel that i should install something to scan mail at least.

just wondered what other mac users around here are using, if anything.

a quick google revealed ClamXav (Free) and MacScan (£15). Anyone recommend something?
thanks

Soldato
How very thoughtful of you, making sure you don't pass anything nasty on via e-mail.

Tbh, i'd go with ClamXav, cause its free. I don't bother with anti-virus on my Mac Mini, and most other people I know don't bother either.

Edit: Just checked and ClamXav isn't nuiversal, so it'll be a bit slow on your MacBook

Associate
OP
just looking through the forums over at clamxav it looks like a universal release is imminent :)

so clamxav it is then.

as i'll be mailing customers from this shiney new machine it would be a bit embarrasing to pass on anything nasty. especially when i spend a decent amount of time clearing nasty things off their systems for them.

Soldato
Suppose if you're going to be doing a lot of e-mail work with windows PCs, transfering data and stuff there is nothing wrong with being cautious!

I'll keep my eyes open for Universal release. :)

Back
Top Bottom