** OSX Yosemite **

Soldato
How are people find the beta, best mate can add me to his dev account so I might give a try.

Also can you just recover form a time machine and things just be back too normal?

Nevermind I created a 50GB partition to play around with it.

Last edited:
Associate
Upgraded the MBA and it's been OK, with the only fly in the ointment for me being that the Spotify app refuses to work. Haven't dived into MacRumors to see if anyone else has the same problem, but it's not a miss with Google Play Music (although Radiant Player doesn't work either).

As it's an upgrade installation, it might be problems caused by that alone and I've yet to build a USB stick for a clean build (if it's even possible yet).

Oh, and as always, Safari seems snappier....

Soldato
Upgraded the MBA and it's been OK, with the only fly in the ointment for me being that the Spotify app refuses to work. Haven't dived into MacRumors to see if anyone else has the same problem, but it's not a miss with Google Play Music (although Radiant Player doesn't work either).

As it's an upgrade installation, it might be problems caused by that alone and I've yet to build a USB stick for a clean build (if it's even possible yet).

Oh, and as always, Safari seems snappier....

I have a dual boot set up now, don't wanna break my main boot as I use my laptop for work now Lol.

It seems alright, like the new font and design, Safari seems cool I might switch over from chrome if I can get some plugins in the future, the extensibility settings seem to give this some hope.

New apps seems alright, not installed much expect chrome yet. I can't seem to find the dark mode which was the main reasons I wanted to try this out :(.

All the icons expect iTunes has been updated, now it just looks like a giant turd.

Soldato
I'm I just being stupid or how on earth can I maximise the keynote video?

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/june-2014/

I'm watching through chrome on a windows PC, surely there's a way to maximise?

The Webpage said:
Streaming video requires Safari 4 or later on OS X v10.6 or later; Safari on iOS 4.2 or later; or QuickTime 7 on Windows. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 5.0.2 or later.

Soldato
It doesn't have the Pro marker in Quicktime Player next to Full Screen. It could be that Apple just set the fullscreen flag to false in the URL.

QuickTime 7 Pro doesn't allow full screen on IE/Windows for the WWDC keynote when I just tried it at work using our code.

Same URL plays full screen on my Mac at home, so by deduction it's a QuickTime 7 or Windows related decision.

Soldato
Seems crazy that they do that. Their website is usually so beautifully finished, then they go and cripple the video viewing experience to Windows users who could be potential Mac customers. Something so basic should be standard. How odd and uncharacteristically unpolished. Watching that entire hour and a half in a tiny window on a 27" monitor was seriously lame. (Loved the actual features being released though, they look amazing!)

Soldato
The keynotes are usually available via a Podcast channel on iTunes the day after. You can fullscreen that to your hearts content on Windows.

I disagree that it's crazy not to support full screen on 3rd party browsers. Apples primary focus is on developers for WWDC. They're not in the business of supporting 1001 types of kit running 3rd Party operating systems. On Safari browsers the website is streaming HTML5 video, rather than the mp4 that quicktime uses.

As I've said before in other threads, an Apple Mac is not a Wintel PC. They might share some common components, but they are two different ecosystems.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Feels a little snappier but they have managed to bork the 24 hour time!

The last one was pretty slow for me though so I'm glad of the speed increase.

Associate
Anyone still find the new Wifi icon a little annoying, the thinner bars are similar to the no-signal bars from Mavericks.

Obviously, will be fine when you're used to it but still using Mavericks on my work/home Macs

Back
Top Bottom