Other options to sky/virgin media

Soldato
So, today has been the day that we cancelled our virgin media tv package as we have had it for a year now and every month we are on the phone to them due to the bill being wrong or them taking more money than they should. Finally glad we don’t have to deal with that side of things BUT we still have broadband with them as this cannot be cancelled as I’m working from home all the time.

I was reading through the “images of things I have purchased” in GD and noticed a few people have cancelled their tv packages too in the last few days.

We have a aerial installed for normal access to tv channels and a now tv box in each room with sometimes the entertainment pass or movies pass, this gets cancelled and re added when there is enough stuff to catch up on.

my question is, what does everyone use instead? The other half watched sky witness, TLC and we have 110mb broadband as well to use

Soldato
OP
Off-topic, but I would change internet providers. VM have a monopoly on the cable network, and if you remove yourself from that and go onto the telephone network (BT / Plusnet etc), then you can change providers every year to keep the price low. I got fed up of VM increasing the price year on year. Sure a 50p rise was fine, but when it was a £3 rise, I could no longer ignore that, so I sacked them off. I now switch between BT and Plusnet every year and the price stays about the same, plus I get cashback every time I do it.
I totally agree, I have only stuck with them as I cannot be without an internet connection as I am working from home full time still otherwise that would have gone too.

they don’t care about loyalty either, been with them for over 12 years now and don’t get anything in return but new customers can get the same speed as me For 24.99 a month while I’m paying £42 a month!

what are BT like? I haven’t looked at broadband providers for so long as before I moved out (15 years ago) of my folks home they also had VM (used to be cable Tel back then lol, they are now on sky).

Back
Top Bottom