Ouch that hurt a bit - Thank **** for ATGATT

Man of Honour
OP
This thread has definitely put me off bikes.
Everything in life is a risk and we have to decide our own personal risk level. But don't be too scared of dying to actually live a life.

When I was I'm the ambulance, the paramedic said they had been to a pedal cyclist earlier that day. He had been knocked over by a car. Because he was wearing lycra and a plastic hat, instead of full armoured gear like a motorcyclist, he was in far worse shape than me and had to be air lifted to hospital. Better not get on a pushbike I guess.

Edit: Sorry, I see you do ride.

Soldato
Edit: Sorry, I see you do ride.
I have ridden push bikes all my life. Started motorcycling because I was struggling with cycling after a long lay off and a bad back.
Motorcycling has improved my core strength to the point I now push bike to work again.
It also has a great positive benefit on mental health.
Both me and wife to be have had quite serious surgeries in the past, me spine, mrs hips. So these stories do make me think twice.
When it goes wrong, you don’t need me to explain.
Wishing you a fast recovery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hades - Hope you make a full recovery - Things happen so fast sometimes you don't see it coming.

My bike days stopped in 1984 - Had a Suzuki 550 for Sundays but a Honda 200 twin for commuting with wife on back.
Picked her up to come home and was tootling along as she had arms full of shopping and a young scrote was walking same way as I was going then suddenly decided he wanted to be on other side of road so just ran across - He caught right handle bar and off we came - it was less than 30 mph so no real damage. Would you believe there was no one behind me or infront close enough to see what happened.
By time cops came to my house (I reported it) the lads dad had got to him and the cop who hadn't started shaving said 50/50 so I had to replace kit and helmet visor.
The result was wife said no more biking.

20 min earlier he would have been under the wheels of my 3 ton truck.

Back
Top Bottom