Out of Range - Random Hissyfit

Soldato
To me, Out Of Range messages typically mean the monitor is unable to match the resolution or refresh rate you're trying to push to it. Now, I have a BenQ XL2720Z which I've had for 5 years, always running 1920x1080 at 144hz as I game a lot on it, and the monitor was always connected via DVI to my 1080Ti.

Recently, I switched my card to a Gigabyte Aurous OC 3070 which meant I had to switch from DVI to DisplayPort too, running on the latest nVidia drivers too!

Randomly now, when firing up any game or even sometimes Windows (10 - 20H2) the BenQ blanks off and puts up an "Out of Range" message - simply switching it off and back on again resolves it and the picture is displayed fine, a nice quick fix but annoying all the same.

The resolution in Windows and all games are 1920x1080 and always set to 144hz and like I said earlier, on the 1080Ti and DVI it never put a foot wrong, so I know the monitor is fine. I switched out the DisplayPort cable for a better quality one, both DP v1.4 and still the issue remains. Drivers have been fully re-done using DDU with a fresh install of Windows too - still remains. All settings on Monitor appear to be fine and have been factory reset just in-case.

Any ideas? Worth contacting BenQ for a monitor that old, maybe a FW update available?

Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom