Outlook express question.

Caporegime
Hi all,

I share my pc with my dad, he uses it mainly for e-mail.

My problem is all of my e-mails go into his inbox!

I'm supposing I've got outlook setup incorrectly, ideally, I'd like my mail to goto my identity & his to his.

What am I doing wrong?
I use BT Yahoo Broadband.

Thanks. :)

Soldato
You need to set up identites, go file then identities, add one for yourself and your dad and set each one so they get the right emails :)

edit: must read better assume you have already done that, then check the account settings for each identity, so yours has your email account details, and his has his details.

Caporegime
OP
Mr Men said:
You need to set up identites, go file then identities, add one for yourself and your dad and set each one so they get the right emails :)

I have mate.

If I start up outlook, it defaults to my dads account, I can switch identity to mine, but my sent & received mail still shows up in dads identity. :(

Soldato
By username I meant that the lgin settings are different.
it's still possible to have 2 different email addresses and have all the mail go into 1 account.

Double check the account settings for your dad's setup.
If it's collecting your email then it will be using your username.

You might have something like,

[email protected]
&
[email protected]

But all of the messages goto the one mailbox.

Each account above would really have to have a different login name, which doesn't have to be the email address.

Associate
I would sugest seperate Windows user accounts. This will keep all of your computer useage seperate from each other. You then just configure Outlook express seperately for each user on each Windows user account.

Soldato
DavidMarq said:
I would sugest seperate Windows user accounts. This will keep all of your computer useage seperate from each other. You then just configure Outlook express seperately for each user on each Windows user account.

Won't make any difference if the email is stored in a single mailbox.

Soldato
DavidMarq said:
Surely with BT Yahoo you create a seperate email address for each user ?
Each will then have their own mailbox. 'tis how it worked when I used to use BT.

Exactly. Trying make sure this is indeed the case and that each email address does actually have it's own mailbox.

Back
Top Bottom