***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Soldato
Well I have been on Outriders most of the day after it pre loaded over night. I should also note I dont know anything about this game and haven't played the demo.

Its OK so far. Bit repetitive. Im learning the mechanics of the game and its quite detailed. But ultimately its clear the bad guys out, checkpoint and a bit of walking then clear the bad guys out. Rinse and repeat. Not sure how long I will continue without getting bored but I'm hoping the game will start opening up.

I'm about 11hrs in, level 13 and world level 6. Playing Technomancer. Been tricky but I'm trying to focus my build on regeneration capabilities and also effective close range specials to help with heavies and bosses.

I just realised you can upgrade rarity of greens for leather and iron. With the mod swap ability its a really good way to get your weapons levelled to your current max and get useful mods installed.

So far, killing Reiner has been the hardest thing going.

Really have to make sure you disrupt him at the right time just before he heals.

For those struggling- focus on taking down the other enemies as a priority. As fast as you can.

They will respawn in waves, but eventually stop after 2-3 times leaving you to focus on Reiner 1v1.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like the EU servers have gone down - thanks pc users :p

Maybe its all the console players knocking off work, going home and trying to play? ;)

It remains to be seen whether this will retain my interest but nevertheless I think its a great title for gamepass to have on release. More suited to online coop play I think - and thats where the real value will lie.

But I'm soloing because that's my thing due to work / life commitments, so I'm likely not who this game is aimed at.

What I will say, is that the story concept and lore has my interest so far and that may well be enough for me to continue on till the end of the campaign. I reckon I will get a good 50 hours out of it, so can't complain! :)

Soldato
OP
Put a couple of hours in this morning. Solo'd the molten Acari on my 2nd attempt. Got purple reward options too, who hoo.

Just passed through the 2nd insurgent stronghold bit where you fight uphill to the bunker. Man that was tricky. Got there in the end though.

Having a break but not had any connection issues so far this morning.

Soldato
OP
Not sure if I have a bug but my world tier progress bar has totally stalled. Pretty much not moved all day. :(

Edit: thinking back it seems to be since I had a bug where I got stuck on the tool of destruction even though it was used up. I was able to shoot with the weapon I had equipped but the weapon icon was the rocket launcher and I couldn't change weapons or use any abilities. I managed to clear the area and had to open a gate. As soon as I did that the bug "reset".

World tier definitely not progressing though.

Soldato
OP
Are you definitely in the correct tier for the next to get unlocked? I have noticed at time progression stalls, but I’ve also joined another game and then not noticed I’ve been left in a low tier even though it’s set to ‘highest available’.

Yeah I'm definitely on tier 6.

I haven't done any matchmaking or anything and checked several times and I'm on 6.

I tried a couple of game restarts and there was no change. But I just restarted again it appears to be working again now. But it hasn't back dated any progress. Ah well, never mind. At least its working again now.

The game has just opened up a little for me as I have got to like a frontier town place and met with Corrigan.

Lots of new sidequsts now. So I reckon next time I play I will complete some of those and improve my playe/world levels.

I have found making sure you maximise all armour and weapons to the current level cap you are on makes a massive difference to the game.

Soldato
OP
Devastator and trickster are meant to be more solo focussed than the other two. That said, plenty of skills can be modified later on. I just died a lot more with the other classes in the demo. That said, I almost always play a tank class.

I'm soloing with Technomancer. Everywhere I have read says its not a good idea and to use trick/dev class for solo. Haven't met a part of the game I haven't been able to do yet, but still early days I guess.

I make sure every weapon has some form of self heal mod and the freeze/slow status buffed as much as possible on cryo turret and pain launcher. Got the tool of destruction with a damage buff mod on rocket launcher for heavy hitting too.

I also have dual wield auto pistols with a mod that gives health per hit for some of the up close stuff. Overall my load out is working well (assault rifle main with sniper secondary).

I'm finding the crafting system can be used to make sure all gear is maxed out, even if it means increasing the rarity of greens and swapping out mods etc. Its been working quite well so far.

Soldato
OP
Anyone else soloing Technomancer? I'm undecided on the skill tree.

I like the look of the shaman route but there seems to be some good stuff in pestilence too.

I'm pretty much saving all of my skill points at the moment - I know you can reset the tree anytime but its just a thing I do on all games, I save those skill points!!

Under provision of servers is a common theme on most games. Its not in the developers / publishers interests to spend the money they should. Fundamentally, gamers are dumb and rarely vote with their wallet, which they arguably should, so the issues remain consistently unaddressed. Win, win for the devs/pubs.

Soldato
OP
Put in another few hours today. No connection issues.

Been trying to complete bounties and hunts.

Managed 3 bounties and 1 hunt so far. Died a fair few times today!

So annoying when you get a boss character down to a sliver of health and get done in right at the last moment (usually by a pesky rifleman). Happened quite a few times today but I refuse to lower world level! Challenging game - I feel like I'm struggling with my aim sometimes, particularly moving targets. Feels a bit clunky.

Got a fair few purples dropped today which is a help, but still no legendary drops.

Soldato
OP
I’ve only had one legendary drop so far. I know what you mean, so many times I’ve been soooo close, only to die. Especially annoying after a 15 minute boss fight and dieing to my own stupidity. I really need to level my gear up, but I’ll need to farm resources to do it.

Quite enjoying the story, a good few twists later on. Think I’m quite close to the end now, pushing through the main quest, I’ll then go back.

Re levelling up - every area normally has a couple of ore veins to mine if you look around.

Likewise almost every side mission has a hidden crate with goodies, as do most main play areas. I also pick up everything to sell on or dismantle for parts to help with resources.

I'm finding the best way to keep gear levelled is to just improve rarity of greens and swap mods. I think you are gonna struggle if your not doing side quests. They drop some powerful gear and makes it easier to make sure your gear is at level cap. Im pretty much purples across the board on weapons and armour now at my level cap. Its also a bit easier (cheaper) to up-level purple drops than increase rarity of blues and then up level to cap. Sometimes its better to have a fully levelled blues than under levelled purples though, depending on the mods.

Soldato
OP
Only just started yesterday, but quit due to server issues.

Is the world free roam, I was very early in the campaign playing solo but It didn't feel like I could go off and explore, perhaps I was in the prologue still.

No its quite linear. Its not "open world". However once you get so far you can fast travel to previously visited regions to explore but there isn't really anything to see other than new battle areas that open up for side quests.

You can just run around and re-clear enemies out of areas you have already been to in order to earn xp and stuff to help levelling up though. But in terms of new things to see and exploring - you are only going to get that by picking up side quests and progressing the story. Its not at all anything like Skyrim or other such open world games where there's tons of stuff off the beaten track to discover. Everything in Outriders is scripted and linear.

Soldato
OP
Hmm dudes getting kinda tough but getting some nice Legendary drops, about 1/4 through world level 14 now. Just need to stay alive as dying can wipe a good chunk of World level .

Hmmm. I didn't know you lost world tier progress when you died. Totally missed that! :eek:

No wonder tier 6 is taking me ages to get through (I've died a whole bunch of times).

Good to know - i better stop messing about! Lol :p

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'll try another class. The Pyro has this flame wave skill but you stand up to cast it so you get pelted with damage to cast it. I do also suck as I've noted but this is a game I'd be way better at with kb and mouse.
:)

Probs the division is why I suck, I can't just hunker down here and snipe people as frequent grenades and melee enemies.

I'm playing technomancer and try and set my gear to cater for all scenarios but I tend to hang right back and snipe with headshots. I save Pain Launcher to tackle hordes / rushing enemies but it also comes in handy for destroying temporary cover to stop enemies hunkering down too close. I have a rocket launcher skill to hit heavies that get too close. I throw Cryo turret behind enemies or off to the side to rain in cryo damage - if you throw it in front of enemies they will attack it and it doesent last as long. The benefit of the rushing enemies is they invariably run in on the same line so if you hit them early enough you can easily take them down before they get too close and start dodging / surround you.

Grenades are easy enough to roll out of the AOE but I would recommend you focus on any lookout enemies as they can bring down like an artillery attack

I haven't played with other classes but I'd imagine they all have similar crowd management skills with similar mechanics.

For me, health regeneration mods are crucial - I use them in all weapons so even if I'm taking fire when I'm out of cover, as long as I'm shooting back I regen health.

Back
Top Bottom