Outsourcing Development

Soldato
Hi,
Just curious if anyone has experience with outsourcing development to other companies / countries?

Background:
I run a development team (4 developers in total including myself) for a small company. We've got a lot, and I mean a lot, of work on our schedule. We've prioritised and working top down but so many last minute things crop up due to how the business needs to react with client requests, we want to shift some of the bigger projects to another company.

We've not got the budget to add any perm staff, but my line manager just wants us to be in a position where we can flex up our development resource where required (typically when the client is going to pay for the development - so cash flow short term isn't an issue).

I've done some research and contacted some companies in Malta and Vietnam, but in both cases they want a minimum term contract for 5 people for between 3 and 12 months.

Requirement
We want to be able to put together some documentation (standards, specification, functional requirements etc.) and send it to a company on an adhoc basis (obviously with some notice!) and get it developed. For cost purposes we'd like somewhere offshore. So has anyone got any recommendations, any positive / negative experiences etc?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom