Oven with door that slides under it

Soldato
Hi,

Need to replace the single oven of the mother in law as we re-doing her kitchen, but its going to be in a mid size cabinet so looking for a cooker where the door can slide under the cooker when open, other than NEF ones do any other manufactures make them?

Also the other snag is ideally want one that can just plug into a normal 3 pin plug, rather than needing a 40amp cable running.

Thanks

Kimbie

Soldato
I have a Neff Slide and Hide (lol) from 2017 - it runs off a normal plug as well but I can’t see any for sale that come with one now. That said, if it’s less than 13A I guess it should be fine but may be worth getting some help to install anyway (heavy/awkward to lift to a mid unit at least). If the plug becomes inaccessible once installed, you may want to get it wired into a fuse anyway where you can turn it off in case you need to. I’ve had to a couple of times with errors and things coming up.

I’ve changed the element once as the first burnt out, this was a total PITA as unlike most ovens it unscrews from the back behind the cover and insulation. Not sure if that’s still a thing but worth bearing in mind as it has to come out and apart. Also with this model the light fitting needs a tool to get enough leverage to open it up to change the bulb, so if it’s not supplied with one make sure you get one at the same time. All in all the German engineering of it was terrible tbh, not what I expected.

The touch controls suck, get one with dials if you can. Self-cleaning (pyrolytic) function is useful, not all have it.

Really easy to drop your hot food on the floor without the door there to catch it or support it if you’re clumsy, but overall getting things in and out is easier.

I’d probably not buy another NEFF but the hidden door is good overall.

Back
Top Bottom