• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclock a house for a x1900xt?

Associate
Been having some real issues with my x1900xt and im about to rma it back but i really have been trying to work out whats wrong and i came across this.

Normal setup i get screen corruption in windows and ingame.
I disconnected every spare electronic device running off the second plug point (2 sockets)

I have the PSU plugged into 1 socket alone.
I have router,printer,tft monitor,digital radio connected to the other socket.

I have no problems at all.

The second socket usually runs a tv and sky box with 3 lights and a house fan.

Do you think all of that electronic equipment is too much for 2 plug sockets even tho most of it is turned off/standby?

And normally i have this on 1 plug socket -

Pc (see sig), tft 19" monitor, cannon colour printer, netgear router, pure digital radio - All hooked up too 1 plug socket?

Im really baffled by this and dont want to go through all the effort and pain of a RMA if it can be helped.

Soldato
Even on standby the equipment is drawing power.

If i read this right you have a house fan on same socket as pc when problems occurring - they draw a lot of power in most cases.

Even if its on the other socket; either way you have a lot of power being drawn from the mains of one socket.

why dont you run the pc itself of a single socket?

Last edited:
Associate
If there is a 13amp fuse in the plug of the trailing socket then it will only allow you to run what's safe anyway - or it'll blow.

For what you quote you could stick them all from one outlet without problem, that is not the cause.

The house fan though maybe causing the issue. Is it near the PC? Since the motor will be AC it maybe causing interference. And unless it's a heater fan then it will not be drawing much power - have a look at the wattage.

Back
Top Bottom