Overclocking FX card, help please im lost

Soldato
Well tbh i dont want to overclock it but restore this one i've aquired to factory defaults, what tool do i need as i have absolutely no idea on how this card was overclocked to read at 5950 speeds (its actualy a 5900) and there some instability issues by look of things. Well either that or its knackerd thanks to the o/clock coz there's some nasty pixal break up in games yet its fine on windows desktop. :(

Lan

Lan

Associate
use google search for coolbits and use that to restore its clock frequencies to factory defaults by the souns of things i reckon some one has flashed this card to a 5950

Soldato
OP
Yep that's my thought's too, basically locks up for few seconds when you 1st start any games then afterwards the screen has major tears/break up. Thanks for info i'll reset card to standard and see how things go, cheers! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hmm just wondering if the PSU (350W unbranded) could be under strain with this card tbh, not much in there, mobo, XP3000+ cpu, creative soundcard, one dvd drive, floppy and that it. Got a spare 400W unit laying around so might swap them over.

Lan

Lan

Associate
Sean_UK said:
Hmm just wondering if the PSU (350W unbranded) could be under strain with this card tbh, not much in there, mobo, XP3000+ cpu, creative soundcard, one dvd drive, floppy and that it. Got a spare 400W unit laying around so might swap them over.

i too think hard drive are going out of date gl with running windows :p :D

Soldato
OP
Oh btw the mem core speeds you set double iirc on ddr using this tool (e.g 350 = 700mhz, if i was to set 700 = 1400 and KABOOM!!!) correct or have i just gimped the card? :D

Back
Top Bottom