Overcloking A8 6600K for first time

Associate
Hi guys,

I just got my hands on a A8 6600K (3.9-4.2Ghz) with original basic AMD heatsink on a Gigabyte GA-F2A68HM-HD2 which seems a small basic decent board with some overclocking features. I also installed a R9 270X (tried also a RX 570 which was good to run Superposition Benchmark at high settings & HD) so is not using the internal GPU. The PSU is a Kolink 600w modular (had initially at Corsair VS450W orange which is probably the worst PSU I've ever had in my hands with the 12v rail down to 11.3v during 3D testing! i hope is good enough for my i5 non K with the RX-570. I have never expected something like this from corsair but that's another matter)

As I am preparing the PC for sale, I just wanted to get some extra performance out of it so I clocked up directlcy to 4.1 and Turbo of 4.4Ghz leaving all voltage etc. at default (auto). All runs good and the volts are adjusting automatically to the speed reaching sometimes 1.4v according to CPUID monitor. Temps are not very high as the case is very tidy inside and has very good airflow with 4x 12 fans. I read that the processor with a stock cooler is usually good for 4.2 Ghz? I have a decent cooler which I was thinking to install to push it further but I am having second thoughts as the mobo doesn't have heatsinks for the mosfets and I want something very stable and low maintanance as the PC is for sale.

What clocks are you guys getting from this processor? shall i push it a bit further? would be worthy to install a better cpu cooler and aim for something like 4.4Ghz?

I notice NB frecuency is only around 1900 Mhz, is that the default? how much can I overclock it or it is not worthy?

Thanks and I hope to find some answers/opinions from you guys :)

Back
Top Bottom