Overdraft Under 18

Associate
I know there's members here in all lines of work and will have much more knowledge than me about the subject in hand.
I'm 14 (young I know) and have gotten myself overdraft on a Natwest Adapt Card (Solo). The situation is that I made a PayPal payment around 2 weeks ago to extend my Rapidshare account not knowing that I didn't have enough money in my account for the payment. The payment was for £5.50 so not much at all. I got a letter from Natwest last week stating that they had not been able to pay for the item's listed because there were insufficient funds available in my account and that as a result they would be charging me an unpaid item fee. The standing order from my parents account for £30 is scheduled to go in today, I checked my balance and it was listed at £36DR which I presume means overdrawn. Is the bank allowed to put me into overdraft if I'm under 18? I wasn't aware I had insufficient funds in my account and it was totally by accident, will the bank honour this and take off the overdraft or will I still be obliged to pay it? Long post I know, just trying to see if someone has experienced similar and what I should do about it. My parents are aware of the situation before anyone asks.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom