Overkill?

Soldato
The other day me and Benjo were on a random TS server and were in the lobby. Suddenly this random chav came in and started annoying us so we started taking the mick etc.. But after all this messing about we started talking and he turned out to be ok. He asked us if we were good with computers and we said "Yes :cool:". So he needed some advice for a new build.. and we were talking to him for a while about a week later (last night) he told me he was ordering.. Il just write out the spec of what he bought..

AMD Athlon 64 FX-60
G.Skill 4GB DDR PC4000
2x BFG 7900GTX Extreme Edition (he was guna go for the XFX XXX edition, but they wernt in stock)
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR
3x 30" Dell Widescreen Monitors
500GB Western Digital HDD
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

hmmm.. overkill? :D.

I'm trying to get him to sign upto the forums when he gets it :D.

Last edited:
You sure he's not just winding you up now. Looks more like he's gone onto a site and picked out most expensive things. If he's going for that sort of stuff then he would know there is no point getting 4gb of quality ram and he be better off with a raptor in there somewhere as well

I have considered the possibility that he wasn't telling the truth.. But I just thought it was quite an awsome spec. But it is a bit of a waste in some places.

ted34 said:
You sure he's not just winding you up now. Looks more like he's gone onto a site and picked out most expensive things. If he's going for that sort of stuff then he would know there is no point getting 4gb of quality ram and he be better off with a raptor in there somewhere as well

and all that budget and no phase cooling? :rolleyes:

I guess if money is no object then why the hell not! Saying that , its gonna cost more than a car and prolly sound like an apache gunship taking off :D

Albaba

Back
Top Bottom