• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Oversold stock, how is this possible?

Associate
So recently, I sucked it up and went for a 6800XT which "had stock left" according to the website.
2 days later, I receive an email saying that it was over sold and either had to be changed to another item or refunded.

How does stock get oversold? If you got 50, you put 50 online. It doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, I was told that I could switch to another brand which wasn't displayed online which I declined as I wanted to think about it. Later calling back to take them up on that offer but was told no there wasn't any stock and only what is online is what is available.

I like overclockers and have done since I was a kid.. What is happening here? Yes, I am a little salty, both at prices (not OCs fault) and oversold stock..

Associate
OP
Ah, that's fair enough right.. I understand old systems need to be updated but I think fair enough, it is a system issue and not some bad practices. Not much I can do but it's worth that I remember than in the future...

Associate
OP
OP isn't wrong, but the tone is a bit petulant and reeks of Dunning Kruger.

Hey, no need to insult.. I have posted again stating that makes sense as a software engineer myself, I do understand....
Futhermore, I did also state "Yes, I am a little salty".
I'm really not sure why you felt it necessary to comment in such a bad tone toward me personally?

Back
Top Bottom