Ovivo gone forever

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
Only came across them a week ago from a thread here. It looked interesting and there were even comments in the thread with people saying "I wonder if they'll go bust" and "How long will it last?", and it's happened. Unfortunate as it was totally different to your usual mobile companies.

Associate
Not really surprised they're gone just the way it has suddenly happened without notice. I've been wondering for the past few months of seeing them mentioned how long they'll be around and if they went would you lose your number, so decided to wait till the coming weeks to transfer my parents over to a different network as they don't use much.

Soldato
Was using this until today obviously.

Looking for a new long term sim only plan. Don't use many minutes/texts at all and 500mb data is enough for me as I use wifi most of the time.

Thinking getting one of these 2
Virgin Mobile Tariff 30-day rolling £7 a month
150 minutes, unlimited texts, 500MB data

Three Essential Internet SIM 200 12-months £6.90 a month
200 minutes, 5000 texts, 500MB data

or might even try the Three-321 pay as you go sim for now.

Any idea which network has the better internet speeds? Don't mind going on a 12 months contract if the speeds are better.

Soldato
A bit shady they've been taking on new customers, this must have been coming for a while.

Sounds a bit Ponzi scheme-esque.

Definitely a ponzi scheme. Otherwise they would still have assets to return money to the most recent buyers of credit.

They have probably been insolvent for quite some time surviving on the cashflow from new customers.

Man of Honour
damn them, i only joined last month and i got another sim for my flat mate 2 weeks ago, i got them on a mastercard so il try a chargeback.

ive just signed back up with Vodafone (sim only), 300 mins for £5.77 a month
Vodafone charge £9 a month but i got £25.25 cashback through topcashback and using the code MSIM3HP i got 3 months at 1/2 price

Caporegime
damn them, i only joined last month and i got another sim for my flat mate 2 weeks ago, i got them on a mastercard so il try a chargeback.

i bought 2 a couple of days back :mad:

they have not arrived. i phoned the bank to do a chargeback on one of them (paid by credit card) only to be told I need to wait 30 days.

the other was bought using paypal funds so I am raising a case through paypal for that.

how does chargeback work if the company goes bust? do the credit card company still give you your money back out of their own pocket?

also how good will paypal be in this situation would they pay out their own pockets? if not i'll stop using paypal for any future transactions where possible.

Back
Top Bottom