Ovivo gone forever

Associate
It's really annoying we had no prior notice...

I am not to fussed as I had 5 months for £20 and the missus had 9 months for £15 but my mum just bought a sim a month ago and hadn't got her iPhone unlocked yet so didn't even get to use it at all.

Been looking around and think I will go with Three 321 plan, looks about the best for my usage. Couple of questions though, can I get the Three sim in store and how quickly do they port numbers over(i.e would I have my number back for the weekend)?

Soldato
Just signed up to tesco mobile, coverage checker is better than talk mobile, sure its 12 month contract but its prices are better out of allowances than Three's and i get 3x clubcard point bonus per month for every pound i spend.

Man of Honour
Looks like theres a look up service on the ovivo page incase ur pac code got lost in email. Just got mine that way as never got a email.

ta for that, seems mine must have got lost in the mail as that link provided me with my PAC code :)
im not going to port my number back to Vodafone just yet though, my £25 cashback hasnt tracked so i might return this SIM and apply for another

Soldato
Did a couple of speedtests just then on GG - with full HSDPA+ signal - 672ms ping, 10kbit/s down, 566kbit/s up, with full 4G - 136ms ping, 243kbit/s down, 925kbit/s up...... I think GG has had their day data wise.

(That is kbit/s not kbyte/s).

Using speed test on my giffgaff phone with a good connection I got 4mb down and 1mb up (3g just outside central glasgow) (ie Glasgow uni)

Which is better than my Internet! =X

Soldato
I had a think about that but then if you used 200 mins its like 6 quid and if you say texted 100 times during a month then thats 2 quid and say 100mb data could be a quid. All adds up over a month and then you see that them 7 quid deals for sim only work out better even for very light users. Least thats how i thought about it when comparing it to the cheaper sim only deals pm.

Caporegime
I had a think about that but then if you used 200 mins its like 6 quid and if you say texted 100 times during a month then thats 2 quid and say 100mb data could be a quid. All adds up over a month and then you see that them 7 quid deals for sim only work out better even for very light users. Least thats how i thought about it when comparing it to the cheaper sim only deals pm.

who texts these days with whatsapp?

Soldato
Bit annoying this. My wife bought one for her Dad a few weeks ago. Will be chasing the credit card company I think. Disgraceful from Ovivo. I hope Ofcom can do something and bring these fraudsters to justice. No doubt there must be some creditors who are seriously out of pocket. Scum.

/rant

Soldato
I've gone for the Free 3 PAYG 321 Sim Card. to replace my Ovivo card.
For low use, non-expiring credit I can't find anything better. I tend to use very little of anything for weeks, then a burst of having to do quite a bit on the go, so it won't be too bad.

Ovivo were perfect for me though. The browsing could be a pain in the backside, with ads interrupting attempts to check train connections in brief windows of mobile access, and it was never quick to load anything, but other than that I had no complaints, given the price.

Still, the 3,2,1 tariff is *miles* better than most other PAYG deals, and before I noticed Ovivo I was very pleased to see it announced. So I am trying to rekindle those positive feelings. :)

Caporegime
For low use, non-expiring credit I can't find anything better. I tend to use very little of anything for weeks, then a burst of having to do quite a bit on the go, so it won't be too bad.

Ovivo were perfect for me though. The browsing could be a pain in the backside, with ads interrupting attempts to check train connections in brief windows of mobile access, and it was never quick to load anything, but other than that I had no complaints, given the price.

Still, the 3,2,1 tariff is *miles* better than most other PAYG deals, and before I noticed Ovivo I was very pleased to see it announced. So I am trying to rekindle those positive feelings. :)

think i'm going to go for the same deal.

i won't be sending any texts. so usage is around 50 mins per month plus 50MB of data.

i use wifi everywhere and whatsapp for messages, when using google maps for sat nav i start it whilst still connected to the internet.

Associate
I have moved to the Talkmobile £7 a month deal for now. 10p more than the Three one but buys you more minutes and a rolling renewal so I can leave for a better deal later. Less texts but with Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger 500 is plenty for myself.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Some nice deals over the last few pages I just rounded them up here:

6 months half price:£3.75 pm @ 12 months contract gets you 500mins/unlimited text/1gb internet
6 months half price:£5 pm @ 1 months contract gets you 500mins/unlimited text/1gb internet
http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/product/mobile

simple 7:£7 pm @ 1 months contract gets you 250mins/5000text/500meg internet
http://talkmobile.co.uk/tariffs/tariff-finder#product_type:SIM,deal_effectivecost:[0%20TO%209.99],tariff_freeminutes:[0%20TO%20300],tariff_data:[300%20TO%20500]

simple 5:£5 pm @ 1 months contract gets you 100mins/100text/100meg internet
http://talkmobile.co.uk/tariffs/TKMTK5S

tesco sim:£10 pm @ 12 months contract gets you 1000mins/5000text/1gb internet
also
tesco sim:£7.50 pm @ 12 months contract gets you 250mins/5000text/500meg internet
http://shop.tescomobile.com/mobile-phones/Tesco+Mobile/StandardMicro+SIM/tariff

So far am liking talktalks half price deal, £3.75 per month for 6 months then £7.50 for the last 6 months gets you 500minutes/unlimited text and 1gig data.......

If any regulars know of a better deal or can answer how is talk talks reception in UK ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom