p34w v3 with boosted Vram

Associate
Hello there lesteph,

This is something which can be done on the laptop

Can you provide me with your OcUK order number please?

Do you also give me permission to pass on your contact details to the Aorus/Gbt support so they can get in touch to assist with the issue?

Regards

Bailey

Hi there my invoice number is 4605372 And yes I give permission to pass my details on for support. Thanks.

Art

Art

Associate
Hi Art,

Not a problem, happy to answer on any subject,,, where relevant of course !

Schedule should be the same for UK, we expect goods to be in UK by the middle of February.

Thanks, unless I can find a smaller machine with a 965m I'll probably be picking one up when they land.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi there my invoice number is 4605372 And yes I give permission to pass my details on for support. Thanks.

Thanks xavier123,

Our R&D team have requested your BIOS version please. Once we have this they will build you a new customised BIOS to enable this function for you. I will email you with this request.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Atom, I hear Gigabyte is having chipset issues with the new model of the Aorus X3 Plus, and there is some delay getting them to retailers because of that.

Will this result in a slightly delayed shipment for OcUK, beyond the expected date of 23/01? I know it has already resulted in a shipment delay for other retailers who were expecting stock since 16/01 but now aren't expecting anything until 29/01 (which is a pain, as that's where I bought it).

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom, I hear Gigabyte is having chipset issues with the new model of the Aorus X3 Plus, and there is some delay getting them to retailers because of that.

Will this result in a slightly delayed shipment for OcUK, beyond the expected date of 23/01? I know it has already resulted in a shipment delay for other retailers who were expecting stock since 16/01 but now aren't expecting anything until 29/01 (which is a pain, as that's where I bought it).

Hi Cythx,

Not sure where you have "heard" this, but it is not the case. The delay in delivery to 2 of our customers, one being OcUK, the other being the re-seller where I presume you have made your purchase is this;

The version we are shipping to OcUK has 4720HQ processor, and 1866Mhz ram and the product code is "AORUS X3 Plus V3-CF2"

There is another product in the market (landed Monday and now available) that has 4710HQ processor and 1600MHz ram and the product code is "AORUS X3 Plus V3-CF1"

The production schedule meant we had to produce the 4710 version first, with the slightly higher spec version for OcUK being shipped hopefully next week.

Not ideal, but that is what has occurred, and I hope that makes things clearer.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Cythx,

Not sure where you have "heard" this, but it is not the case. The delay in delivery to 2 of our customers, one being OcUK, the other being the re-seller where I presume you have made your purchase is this;

The version we are shipping to OcUK has 4720HQ processor, and 1866Mhz ram and the product code is "AORUS X3 Plus V3-CF2"

There is another product in the market (landed Monday and now available) that has 4710HQ processor and 1600MHz ram and the product code is "AORUS X3 Plus V3-CF1"

The production schedule meant we had to produce the 4710 version first, with the slightly higher spec version for OcUK being shipped hopefully next week.

Not ideal, but that is what has occurred, and I hope that makes things clearer.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Hey Atom,

Thanks for replying. Better information than I was able to gather at the retailer. I now better understanding the stocking situation in the UK.

However, would you be able to advise on whether or not there would be much of a battery life difference between the two, with the CF2 being faster?

When I'm not gaming, I'd like the best better life so it would affect which laptop I'd like.

Associate
Atom I literally just purchased a P35W V3-CF1 from a competitor (wanted it same day). The unit itself arrived with a number of problems:

1) The keyboard was 'wavey' and not flat around the left hand side of the keyboard.

2) The screen quality was poor and had a considerable amount of motion blurring and odd pixelation I only see on lower quality panels.

3) The touchpad was an ELAN branded model and was noticeably laggy compared with the equivalent Synaptics touchpad and also the one on my MacBook Air.

I have returned it alone for issue 1, but I wonder does the 14" use the same poor screen and touchpad?

It seems odd to use such poor parts in a £1300 laptop! It is a real shame since everything else was so nice :(

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom I literally just purchased a P35W V3-CF1 from a competitor (wanted it same day). The unit itself arrived with a number of problems:

1) The keyboard was 'wavey' and not flat around the left hand side of the keyboard.

2) The screen quality was poor and had a considerable amount of motion blurring and odd pixelation I only see on lower quality panels.

3) The touchpad was an ELAN branded model and was noticeably laggy compared with the equivalent Synaptics touchpad and also the one on my MacBook Air.

I have returned it alone for issue 1, but I wonder does the 14" use the same poor screen and touchpad?

It seems odd to use such poor parts in a £1300 laptop! It is a real shame since everything else was so nice :(

:( Hi Rick,

Not good, and not at all in line with the majority of feedback we receive in general on this model, old version or new. Sounds like faulty, but if you have returned already then we have no opportunity to resolve for you.

The screen, keyboard and track pad are of excellent quality and I am sorry that you obviously didn't have this experience.

All our screens on P35 and new P34 are high quality IPS / Wide View Angle spec and generally reviewed as superior to our competitors.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey Atom,

Thanks for replying. Better information than I was able to gather at the retailer. I now better understanding the stocking situation in the UK.

However, would you be able to advise on whether or not there would be much of a battery life difference between the two, with the CF2 being faster?

When I'm not gaming, I'd like the best better life so it would affect which laptop I'd like.

Hi Cythx,

The difference is negligible. The higher spec, slightly faster unit (CF2) would have about 3% less battery life than the CF1 spec....

So not really any difference.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
:( Hi Rick,

Not good, and not at all in line with the majority of feedback we receive in general on this model, old version or new. Sounds like faulty, but if you have returned already then we have no opportunity to resolve for you.

The screen, keyboard and track pad are of excellent quality and I am sorry that you obviously didn't have this experience.

All our screens on P35 and new P34 are high quality IPS / Wide View Angle spec and generally reviewed as superior to our competitors.

Regards

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Disappointing about the screen and trackpad being used appears to be similar for both the p34 and P35 since as I said they were just extremely poor quality rather than faulty.

Heavy motion blurring and what could be described as the effect of a thin "net" bring placed over the screen.

My experience with trackpads is that manufacturers often change them even amongst the same model and will just use something "up to spec" I have often had 3 models of the same laptop in front of me all with different models of trackpad and different drives available for download from the website for each one of those.

Typically the Synaptics ones remain the most responsive and do not have the input delay translation my finger motion to the screen that the other brands such as ELAN do.

InQ

InQ

Associate
How much of the P34W is the same as the P34G v2?
Case, screen etc....

Also can the back be removed and the HDD changed without invalidating the warranty (have a 512GB SSD I'd swap the 1TB mechanical HDD for).

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
How much of the P34W is the same as the P34G v2?
Case, screen etc....

Also can the back be removed and the HDD changed without invalidating the warranty (have a 512GB SSD I'd swap the 1TB mechanical HDD for).

Hi InQ, Stu,

The chassis is the same, except the C cover (keyboard surround) which will be black on these new V3 models.

Yes, you can easily access the rear of the machine and swap or install SSD without invalidating warranty. As always ensure you are careful and dont cause "customer induced damage" as this isn't covered by the warranty.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom