• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

P4 prescott and PC400`

Associate
Ok guyz i have a P4 3.2Ghz and 2 GB of pc 400 ram (Kingston value ram). 1GB is cuttently in the pc and the other 1 Gb is still in the box. So far i have been able to overclock my processor to 3.4Ghz (stable) and i know from reading other threads that this processor can reach 4Ghz. Would i be able to reach 4ghz if i stick the last 1Ghz to make it 2Gb in my system.

My reason for thinking this is based on the fact that my motherboard has the Dual Channel option included meaning that i can use the full 800fsb of the processor (if i make my ram 2Ghz operating on this dual channel). Is this theory true or wrong. Do i need only 1 Ghz operating on dual channel or the 2 ghz operating on dual channel before u can use the full 800fsb therby allowing me overclock better. :confused:

Associate
OP
So i guess it will be pointless to install *** extra ram then. So what the hell is the dual channel option there for then. 2 sticks of ram supposedly takes u up to 400 fsb and the remaining 2 sticks should give me the last 400 fsb. :confused:

Associate
OP
Lt Goody said:
The g-skill hz4000 is good ram or corsair i think,if you do a search for the g-skill i think people have hit upto 560mhz on it,i've took mine as far as the cpu will go on air but the memory will go higher. :D

What temps do you have with ** HSF.

Associate
OP
ok guyz i cant get it past 3.6Ghz. Even at this speed for some odd reason i cant burn CD's. Nero just refuses to do the job. i guess this is not a stable clock, but every other thing works just fine. What should i do? Should i up the Voltage on bothe the ram and the processor? Would this get me any higher without risking a blow out :D. Or does the fact that i cant burn cds mean thatthis is the limit. :(

Back
Top Bottom