P5WFH new build problems.

Associate
P5WDH new build problems. PLEASE HELP

Ok I’ve put together a Core 6600 Duo system on the Asus motherboard. Currently got a X1900XT placed in the master slot (orange). I have a green light on continuously on the motherboard but I cannot get it to boot. No keyboard lights, DVD will not eject etc.
I have removed the battery and set the jumper to clear, reset and still the same. Please help as I am really against the clock on this one.
I have two sticks of DDR2 memory which slots do these go in? A1 and B1 or A1 and A2

Last edited:
Soldato
Rockeyes said:
Ok I’ve put together a Core 6600 Duo system on the Asus motherboard. Currently got a X1900XT placed in the master slot (orange). I have a green light on continuously on the motherboard but I cannot get it to boot. No keyboard lights, DVD will not eject etc.
I have removed the battery and set the jumper to clear, reset and still the same. Please help as I am really against the clock on this one.
I have two sticks of DDR2 memory which slots do these go in? A1 and B1 or A1 and A2
What's written on the bios chip?

Associate
OP
Great that’s the Bios version eliminated. Just in the process of refitting the processor. Just to double-check that side of things.

Associate
OP
Processor refitted. Still the same looks like I’m screwed. Looks like the MOBO needs to be replaced. Only got a couple of more days at home so I’m getting P’d off

Associate
OP
Just gone through the ASUS online trouble shooting guide and it’s a return job. Wonder how long this is going to take. I hope OC replacement service is better than their packaging.

Soldato
Check that both mobo power connectors are connected properly.

Have you tried booting with no ram installed? If the ram isn't compatible with the mobo, then even one stick could prevent it from booting. With no sticks inserted, you should get error beeps on boot up.

Associate
i had the same problem with mine about 4 weeks ago, rma it to ocuk they had a new board at my door in 9 days.

btw i had no beeps from the m/b too i was useing CM2X1024-6400Cas5 and 1900xt

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dismantled the whole lot last night. Removed the battery from the motherboard. Got to it first thing this morning, reassembled and it fired straight up. So fingers crossed it’s ok now.
I have got two hard drives installed but can only find one plug on the motherboard for the case hard drive light although my case has two lights. Any idea where this other case light plugs into?

Back
Top Bottom