Packard Bell 98 PC - Blow up? or something useful.

Soldato
blow it up.

do some extreme testing, like setting it alight while playing quake2, or whack some magnets in it and supercharge them, see if you can transport your packard bell to the other side of the milky way.

Man of Honour
The oil PC looks interesting, I'm not sure I'd be 100% happy about chucking any electrical components into oil but maybe I'm just a bit old fashioned like that.

What sort of specification is your old PC, from that someone might be able to suggest some uses i.e. if below a P166mmx say I'd be inclined to junk it as there aren't many uses for PCs slower than that as file servers etc work better with a little more power.

Associate
OP
hmm that gets me thinking -

P3 600MHz
10GB HDD
128 SDIMM Ram
64 or a 32 MB GFX card im not entireley sure

Has no OS on it but can soon get 1, whats the best 1 to put on for this spec.

Its quite fast i turned it on b4 i wiped it and it seem to be running fine.

Thinking of running a few Team Speak servers on it but maybe this will send my Ping sky high.

Man of Honour
With that sort of specification you could run it as a basic file server(get a larger hard drive if you want to stream music/films etc) or as a firewall very usefully with some version of Linux, Clark Connect was one that I had suggested for me before by a relative but there are probably better options around now.

Back
Top Bottom