Paint correction & ceramic coating cost

Associate
I wondered how much people have paid to have there car professionally machine polished and a ceramic coating applied?

Live in Leicestershire found 1 company ReepMidlands but for a 2 stage correction on a large car plus Crystal Serum Light topped with EXO costs £970 plus VAT

Soldato
Lots of places slapping on ceramic coatings and 'polishing' cars for cheap these days - so do your homework and don't be tempted by a cheap offer as there are a few cowboys about.

I'd expect to pay around £400 minimum depending on the vehicle size and how much correction is needed.

Soldato
go and have a look at cars they are doing aswell, you'll soon get an idea of how good they are.

its not hard to make a 100k plus brand new car look incredible with a touch of editing or a filter on insta.

I went one place that wanted £800 do it and looking around at cars that were "ready" was laughable for what they charge.

Soldato
I just had https://www.instagram.com/urbanvalets/ spend 2 days on my car and he charged a day rate instead of a "package" rate. He spent 20 hours on the car for a cost of £680. He's mobile but normally booked up for 6 months so you'd have to be lucky to get a cancellation with him!

He is very good though, and shows that you don't need a big showroom and to have a car 2 weeks when he can get better results in a couple of days.

Man of Honour
I paid £400 on the C43 for a paint correction and ceramic coating (Crystal Serum Lite), but that was cheap as the guy was just starting out and trying to attract business. I'm still using him today, he's excellent and has a proper posh unit with fancy lighting now.

Getting the C63 done next week, single stage correction and a coating of Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo on top, for around £650, will be without the car for 3 days :( but that price also includes wheels off with the arches coated and the wheels given a proper layer of protection. Also a coating on the glass (think that's a Gyeon product)

Soldato
I see that ceramic polish can now be bought and applied by us regular mugs.
Any views from people who’ve done it themselves.

Depends what products you're looking at - all the companies are throwing 'Ceramic' into every product. The typical coatings that come in ~30ml bottles have been around a while and you still need to do this in a reasonably controlled environment and left to cure afterwards. So unless you've got a decent garage and can keep it in there for a day then I wouldn't bother.

The 'Ceramic spray wax' style products are ok, but I wouldn't personally say they're much better than good spray sealant anyway.

Caporegime
My guy charged me for two full days (lots of swirls) prep at £150 per day and then £200 for the ceramic coating (there were several different ones to pick from depending how long you want it to last.

That did all include the wheels off and the glass treated as well.

How much correction is needed is the main cost. Some cars only need 1 day, I've seen other which have needed three days prep so they will cost £300 more.

Caporegime
My guy charged me for two full days (lots of swirls) prep at £150 per day and then £200 for the ceramic coating (there were several different ones to pick from depending how long you want it to last.

How much correction is needed is the main cost. Some cars only need 1 day, I've seen other which have needed three days prep so they will cost £300 more.

Who did you use?

Associate
Knowing next to nothing about detailing, paint correction and ceramic coating - what's the benefit of correction and ceramic coat? Is it simply a longer term protection over a regular polish and wax?

Soldato
Correction = Visual improvement as it removes small scratches from the paint that diminish how vibrant and shiny it is.
Ceramic = Microscopic clear coating to protect the lacquer/paint beneath a little better. It's also slicker than the cars lacquer so grime can't stick to it as well; making it easier to clean.

Ceramic also lasts longer than wax, the 5 year claims by some manufacturers is a load of bull. 12-24 months is realsitic depending on where the car is kept, what weather it is used in, how it is washed etc

Associate
OP

Who was this done by?

Back
Top Bottom