Painting nightmare

Associate
Hi,iv been painting my livingroom white,everything looked good,then I looked at the longest wall from the side and it's a mess,checked other walls and there the same,if sun isn't shining it's fine,iv sanded,primed,and went over 2 times with dulux emulsion,I am at my wits end not being able to fix it,iv given up,iv went thru loads of tubs of paint,first crown,then dulux,streaks look bad from side,wall does have dif textures,help please,BTW walls look great head on xx

A little more detail would be good?
Are you using matt or silk?

If at an angle you can see streaks or lines, then it could be user error ie. your technique of rolling the paint on.
Have a look on youtube to learn how to roll a wall properly.

I know how you feel, made a bit of a mess of my walls by using a magic sponge to try and clear some marks off the wall, ended up like this.

zFrHfPx.jpeg

Bought a small 30ml tub of test paint in Magnolia matt and applied it to the wall with its built in roller, its a lot better...

M9K56Zo.jpeg

This is the stuff I used, only £3 or so but you get quite a lot for your money...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dulux-5267839-Ceilings-Tester-Magnolia/

that looks like the 'magic sponge' left the wall damp and you painted over the damp bit?

ps - looks like the op has failed at forums as well as painting......joined up, posted their question then promptly vanished.

Here's a photo of the little tub of paint, as you can see it has a nice little roller on it making application easy...

93JoHa1.jpeg

I ordered it on eBay for £2.80 and it came in Amazon packaging so they must be trading on eBay as well. Its not a 100% colour match but is close enough so that you wouldn't notice unless you knew.

My flat hasn't been painted since 2006 and the shade of Magnolia can differ slightly between paint manufacturers. I'm pleased with the results though. I've touched up a few areas and still have some left.

A little more detail would be good?
Are you using matt or silk?

If at an angle you can see streaks or lines, then it could be user error ie. your technique of rolling the paint on.
Have a look on youtube to learn how to roll a wall properly.
Matt,iv looked on YouTube,why can't I cover the streaks?iv thrown everything at the walls,still all streaks,I did two bedrooms and they were fine,il try and get pics,x

Unless you really need to have a gloss or satin finish I've found Dulux Endurance Matt Paint good for walls which just don't want to cooperate. Touch on the expensive side though if you still don't get good results.

EDIT: Crown paint personally I've not had good results with - Johnstone's Trade paint has been much better in my experience.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom