• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit second hand warranty

mof

mof

Associate
Anyone dealt with Palit directly for a second hand card?
From reading their website they will only do RMAs through the retailer and they won’t go by the serial number for the date it was originally shipped like some manufacturers.

Associate
warranties are almost never transferable, thats the reason used or second hands cards are sold cheap cause when it ***** the bed you need to buy a new one

Reactions: mof
Associate
warranties are almost never transferable, thats the reason used or second hands cards are sold cheap cause when it ***** the bed you need to buy a new one
The only AIBs who used to do transferable warranties were Gigabyte and EVGA (at least in the US), but I believe that stopped a while back.

When buying a used card, you need to factor in the risk of failure after the first 30 days (normal return period) and how long you're going to keep the card. They can look like a good deal/cost (for some reason not in the UK, however, where used card prices are high, for some reason), but you need to realize if the card goes kaput you're out of luck.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

If I’ve ever sold a card in the past I always tell them I’ll sort the warranty for them if there are any issues with it. It’s worth a try. Ask them if they will do it for you.

mof

mof

Associate
OP
Do you know the person you bought it off?
No it was on an auction site but I decided not to get anyway.
The seller claimed to provide original invoice but I’m not sure what good that would be unless they were going to sort the RMA for me.

Last edited:
Associate
idk.. but how are they going to identify the original buyer - official ids for rma sounds like an unreasonable demand, and the original buyer can always disclaim it was bought on your behalf...

mof

mof

Associate
OP
idk.. but how are they going to identify the original buyer - official ids for rma sounds like an unreasonable demand, and the original buyer can always disclaim it was bought on your behalf...
I see what you're saying but the Palit site says that the RMA goes through the retailer so presumably it would have to go to the original buyers address.

Associate
I see what you're saying but the Palit site says that the RMA goes through the retailer so presumably it would have to go to the original buyers address.
yeah i dont know about the logistics involved here, but if this is a local deal, you could drop this off at the retailer and then collect a replacement from the shop..
even 100% online shops will have some provision for physical RMA i believe
and addresses can change, but the outcome ultimately depends on level of cooperation from the original buyer, in case if the retailer feels like checking on the details mentioned in the invoice

Last edited:

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

yeah i dont know about the logistics involved here, but if this is a local deal, you could drop this off at the retailer and then collect a replacement from the shop..
even 100% online shops will have some provision for physical RMA i believe
and addresses can change, but the outcome ultimately depends on level of cooperation from the original buyer, in case if the retailer feels like checking on the details mentioned in the invoice
If I buy a card from OCUK it is attached to my name and my address. If I sell that card the warranty doesn’t transfer to the new owner, so would have to go through the original purchaser of the card. Other things like cars for example are different where they can be sold and the warranty is transferred.

Back
Top Bottom