Palworld: Pokémon with guns

Soldato
Never been one for Pokémon, but I just saw a trailer and this game has got my attention.
Looks like it does a bit of everything. Combat, building, farming, breeding and dungeons.

7mqTfWH.gif

Palworld is a brand-new, multiplayer, open-world survival crafting game where you can befriend and collect mysterious creatures called "Pal" in a vast world! Make your Pals fight, build, farm, and work in factories.

rVRca6B.jpg

zlOgXSO.jpg

7WksPss.jpg

q2rWBnB.jpg

d7NSuWo.jpg

No official release date yet, other then it's coming 2023.

Last edited:
Caporegime
looks good but if it's one of those
A gacha game (Japanese: ガチャ ゲーム, Hepburn: gacha gēmu) is a video game that implements the gacha (toy vending machine) mechanic. Similar to loot boxes, gacha games entice players to spend in-game currency to receive a random in-game item. Some in-game currency generally can be gained through game play, and some by purchasing it from the game publisher using real-world funds.
then I'm out

Last edited:
Soldato
still mixed on this even after the trailer.
sword art online / fatel bullet come to mind with factory automation / pokemon.
needs more baking time and some gameplay footage i think.

Associate
I had never even heard the name of this game before it exploded all over the gaming sites and streamers yesterday... so refreshing when a game doesn't have multiple years of build up to release and just arrives, instead!

Soldato
just have to be weary of sponsored streamer reviews ect
i'll be lookin at this today for game play ect. requirements arent to bad and short term co-op is up to 4 player or a dedicated server up to 32 players

Last edited:
Soldato
Doing well and this does not include the people on GP.

Screenshot-2024-01-20-102532.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tempted, is there much content this early on?
There actually is.

Theres 111 pets (pokemons) to collect, a very large world, a few hundred different items and structures to build and several bosses to progress through in the different biomes (its a little Valheim-esque in so much as you have world bosses that you work through as you level up from area to area)

Its reasonably stable in co-op, though we've had a few crashes, mechanics work well although I will say that the building mechanics are a little janky.

One thing to note is that the gamepass version is a patch behind the steam version currently so only the steam version allows more than 4 players or dedicated servers.

Last edited:
Soldato
As tempted as I would be, I'm trying to stay away from early access games, I've been burnt too many times in the past.

Yep. Especially ones that seem a bit flavour of the month and streamers are pushing. Red flag to me generally.
Also I'm pretty burnt out on open world survival stuff at this stage.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yep. Especially ones that seem a bit flavour of the month and streamers are pushing. Red flag to me generally.
Also I'm pretty burnt out on open world survival stuff at this stage.
Tbh I'd be more invested in Palworld if it wasnt for the fact that Enshrouded is released in 4 days time and I REALLY liked the demo of Enshrouded, although they do have differences they are similar enough that I cant play them both simultaneously

(and the voxel based building system in Enshrouded really spoiled me when it comes to building mechanics)

Soldato
Tbh I'd be more invested in Palworld if it wasnt for the fact that Enshrouded is released in 4 days time and I REALLY liked the demo of Enshrouded, although they do have differences they are similar enough that I cant play them both simultaneously

(and the voxel based building system in Enshrouded really spoiled me when it comes to building mechanics)

Enshrouded looks cool but I'll wait and see how the solo experience is first. Valheim was fine. I know what you mean about similar games, I tend to just play one of multiple genres at a time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom