Panasonic Mini Systems

Permabanned
Well, I do look at some Micro Hi-Fi systems and wondering if anyone of you has the Panasonic SC-AKX710 that goes with the following description: https://www.panasonic.com/caribbean/consumer/audio-video/mini-systems/x-powerlive/sc-akx710.html
and a price tag of slightly above €300.

The second option is Panasonic SC-AKX200E with the following description:
https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/home-entertainment/high-power-audio/sc-akx200e.html
and a price tag of ~€200.

The third option is the Panasonic SC-PM602 with the following description:
https://www.panasonic.com/de/consum...io/kompaktanlagen/micro-systeme/sc-pm602.html
and goes for ~€150.

What are the differences and which one would you take?
Can you recommend?

Caporegime
Neither, all mini and midi systems are cheap rubbish.

Post a thread with a budget and ask people to recommend a good standalone amp and speaker combo, either new or second hand.

I've gone through a few of this kind of system before, and after piecing together my current system for a similar sort of price, there really is no contest.

Absolutely night and day difference.

Permabanned
OP
Neither, all mini and midi systems are cheap rubbish.

Post a thread with a budget and ask people to recommend a good standalone amp and speaker combo, either new or second hand.

I've gone through a few of this kind of system before, and after piecing together my current system for a similar sort of price, there really is no contest.

Absolutely night and day difference.

Thank you for the advice :)
May you share what your current system is?
I haven't set a budget, but preferably a new one and below €500.

Caporegime
Currently I have a Arcam A75 circa 2002~ which I picked up for £30 at a charity shop (they were around £1000 new), a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.2's which I picked up for £80 at a cash exchange store, and a Wharfedale SW150 subwoofer which I bought new-old-stock for £130. :)

Permabanned
OP
TBH, I don't know.

The first one has extremely positive reviews.

Panasonic SC-AKX710:

A lot lot bigger than I expected speakers are as big as player and heavy.. Told it has great output level I don't need that think it's a man thing personally find it ugly.. But can't send back too bulky and the men like it

Absolutely brilliant sound .. can handle bass or the controls allows to customise to your liking

Really loud and clear

Very nice music player

This Panasonic Hi-Fi system is a very powerful sound system which looks top quality and has durable and robust construction as well as some other good features such as Bluetooth connectivity, 4GB internal memory, Pre-set equalizer, USB charging and playback and powerful Airquake Bass.

The sound quality of this stereo system is excellent and the Bass is super powerful and if you are close to the speaker you can feel the Bass pump through your body.

This stereo has Bluetooth connectivity which can be used to connect the stereo to compatible televisions for wireless connectivity and sound reproduction. You can also use compatible Panasonic television remote controls to control the stereo.

The 4GB internal memory is a good feature for me as I can store lots of my music on the stereo and remove the clutter my CD collection was creating.

The Panasonic MAX Juke app is a good feature and can be used to control the Panasonic stereo music from your smartphone. I tested this feature and it worked okay but the App capability is limited.

Technical Data and Specifications:

General Features:
4 GB internal Hard Drive
CD player
Lighting effects
Illumination button
Max DJ Effect
Clock
FM Radio
Presets: 30
Auto tuning
Auto standby
USB smartphone charging and playback

Speakers:
Channels: 2.0
Output power: 2000W
Subwoofer: 20 cm super woofer
Amplifier: 2 channel digital bi-amp
Frequency: 1 - 100 Hz
Impedance: 75 Ohms

Audio Features:
Audio processing: D.Bass
D.Bass Beat
Graphic equaliser: 3 settings
Presets: Local preset EQ
Sound enhancement: Maximised Bass Sound PLUS
AIRQUAKE BASS
Supported file formats: CD-DA, MP3

APP:
Panasonic MAX Juke app
App compatibility: iOS/Android
App features:
Remote control
Music control
DJ effects
Karaoke

Connectivity:
Inputs: Aux-in x 1
Outputs: Mic jack 6.3mm x 2
Bluetooth 2.1
USB 2.0 x 2

Dimensions: 137 x 458 x 1347 mm (H x W x D)
Weight: 18 kg

Overall this is a very good quality stereo system which looks nice, has very powerful sounding speakers, 4GB of internal memory space, Bluetooth connectivity, USB smartphone charging and playback, durable construction and excellent sound quality and smartphone control.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review I hope you found it helpful in some way.

Worth all your money honestly these speakers are amazing! I’m really into my deep bass and all that and just the bass is crazy on these speakers. The bass really does shake the house/room and basically anything. The Audio is very clear even at high volume. The highs and mids are great and the bass is just next level stuff. I used to have the akx200 so it was a big step up from 400w to 2000w but wow was it the best decision to do and spend my money on. If your looking to get speakers for your room or anything these are what you need for sure without hesitation. This is just my opinion but I’m really into my speakers and sound like I’ve had many stereo systems and Bluetooth portable speakers and so far Panasonic’s stereos have blown Sony, Philips, LG and I’m gonna say it Bose is probably on the same level as these speakers on sound quality and bass. Best speakers I’ve ever owned and Ive had so many brands.

Soldato
If it has to be a mini system then grab a Denon unit . They seem to have had that market sewn up for years . You should be able to grab in cheap as chips second hand. Pair with some nice speakers and it would no doubt sound much nice than then transformer style systems linked .

If you fancy something that sounds even better. Seperates is the way to go. You can get some great budget amps secondhand from the likes of Rotel, Nad, Marantz that paired with some good budget speakers would sound great. Pair with a cd play if you need one. But i would just attach a chrome cast audio and use that for your source .

Man of Honour
@4K8KW10 , if you want to buy one of the Panasonic mini systems then go ahead. But you won't find many (or any) people in this forum recommending them as the best choice.

None of the Amazon reviews of the first Panasonic system tell you anything useful about how faithfully the system replays music. That's because the purchasers have probably never heard a good stereo system - even a €500 one - to make a proper comparison.

A decent Hi-Fi system allows you to hear more information from a good recording. That means being able to follow what each individual musician is doing because it's easy to pick out their contribution rather than all the instruments and voices sounding like a big old mush of congealed sound; hearing the subtle differences between closely related instruments; getting a sense of rhythm and pace from the sound, and also the system making you want to play track after track, album after album because it makes music really enjoyable. A good system does all of this, whereas a poor one leaves you feeling tired or irritated because subconsciously your mind has had to work hard to make sense of the jumbled mess of sound.

The people here care about good sound reproduction. A system has to get these basics right. Mass market micro or mini systems just don't do these things well enough to be considered a valid choice.

The Denon DAB system is decent for a small and compact stereo system. Partner it with some good bookshelf speakers and you'll have a system that gets you a taste of what good Hi-Fi is all about.

Permabanned
OP
Well, thank you, guys for the advices.
Yes, I so-so understand the quality of the sound.

I need it to have a USB connectivity, and DAB+. The Denon D-M41DAB has no USB port.

The Panasonic SC-PMX84EG has one.

The Panasonics also have some very positive reviews:

In a lot of ways, you can hear where your extra cash has gone with the Panasonic SC-PMX9DB. It’s arguably the most detailed, most composed system we’ve heard near this price, even nudging our Award-winning Denon D-M39DABfor out-and-out insight.

Its midrange is really well judged and its treble stays on the right side of brightness without ever becoming grating.

It goes loud too, with a good stereo image and a big sound that shouldn’t have a problem filling a reasonably large room.
https://www.whathifi.com/panasonic/sc-pmx9db/review

And is only €232.90 compared to €349.00 for the Denon D-M41DAB.

:confused:

Caporegime
That's a relatively high end Panasonic. Better than the plastic tat that was in the OP.

If it must be a mini system it's not a terrible choice.

The Denon is great value in the UK market.

Man of Honour
Well, thank you, guys for the advices.
Yes, I so-so understand the quality of the sound.

I need it to have a USB connectivity, and DAB+. The Denon D-M41DAB has no USB port.

The Panasonic SC-PMX84EG has one.

The Panasonics also have some very positive reviews:

https://www.whathifi.com/panasonic/sc-pmx9db/review

And is only €232.90 compared to €349.00 for the Denon D-M41DAB.

:confused:

Yes, the PMX9DB got some good reviews. So it should have. Back in 2013 - six years ago - when it was launched, Panasonic set their sights on toppling the Denon for its crown as the mini system king. They really pushed the boat out, and threw everything they could at making a winner..... and it came close too, but at a price. The Panasonic cost more than the Denon.... about £100 more...... but still didn't quite do it.

As far as the UK goes, I can't seem to find anyone still selling the PMX9DB. That's not surprising. Most models change every 12-24 months, so the 9DB will have long been discontinued. Denon had the DAB39 out at the time, and they've gone through two subsequent model changes in that time.

Panasonic's range has changed too.... and here's the important thing: The PMX84EG isn't in the same league as the old PMX9DB. That's why it is cheaper.

Reading the reviews for the 9DB and then expecting the 84EG to live up to it really isn't a sensible thing to do. It may come from the same manufacturer, but it's not the same product.

However, if the 84EG floats your boat then go ahead

Permabanned
OP
Ok, end of search. I will order the Denon D-M40DAB. Good to know Denon is a Japanese company, had never heard of them.

In the past, I knew the systems with 5-CDs changers (Sony, for instance), etc, also DVD/Blu-ray players with some surround speakers would also playback sound but not at this high level, for sure.

Permabanned
OP
Ok, end of search. I will order the Denon D-M40DAB. Good to know Denon is a Japanese company, had never heard of them.

In the past, I knew the systems with 5-CDs changers (Sony, for instance), etc, also DVD/Blu-ray players with some surround speakers would also playback sound but not at this high level, for sure.

That Denon D-M40DAB is no longer available here.

I am going with the much cheaper and available from dozens of retailers Panasonic SC-PMX84EG instead. :cool:

Permabanned
OP
Not sure where you're based but saw this (not me selling) on AVForums

https://www.avforums.com/threads/denon-dm40-q-acoustics-3010-q-acoustic-stands.2222649/

I had the older Denon DM38 in the kitchen, was a great little unit.

I do hope the guy sells it well.

I will skip the offer because I'm based in Frankfurt, Germany, and I'd like my new equipment to be brand new.
And will try a Panasonic since for a first time, I just need to enter into this world, test it, and only then think about improvements, if necessary.

Thanks, though.

Back
Top Bottom