Panasonic Viera question

Soldato
My mum has an old sagem hdd recorder that is on its last legs and dad is wanting to replace this with a Panasonic model so that she can use the guide on the TV to record onto the HDD recorder
I do not think it works this way
Can anyone confirm which of us is right?
I think that the Viera function is to let you use 1 remote for different devices i.e. volume channel etc

Associate
Viera Link is usually limited to basic playback control of other Panasonic devices using the TV remote, I would doubt very much if a Panasonic HDD recorder would be clever enough to record something using the guide on the TV. If you bought a Panasonic Freeview HDD recorder then you'd have to use the guide on it to set recordings. You'd probably be able to use the TV remote to navigate around it but the guide itself would have to be on the recorder. Which model of TV do they have? If it's a newer model you may be able to just buy a small hard drive or USB flash drive to plug into the TV then you can set things to record from the built in TV guide. It works surprisingly well on my Panasonic TV. Only a single tuner though so you can't watch one channel while recording another.

Soldato
OP
Yeah that's what i was thinking too :)
It is possible to use a USB to record but only what you are watching i think (not dual tuner on this tv)
Think i will tell him to look at a Humax freeview hdd recorder.I find them easy to use
Thanx for the reply

Back
Top Bottom