Paqueta - Betting Scandal

Don
If there's any truth into this then he's going to be in a lot of trouble. We've seen cricketers go to prison for their involvement in this sort of thing before.

Soldato
My Google fu is proving useless at finding a a highlights reel or video that shows the yellow card Vs Aston villa ... Anyone able to supply a link or is that a no go? I forget the rules...

Soldato
Cheers folks! Not exactly normal to run back n chop someone down when 10 of your team are in front of the ball and defending positions...

I'd love to know the rational for a footballer to do such a thing. They earn well... So I always imagine there's something else going on other than just a like for gambling.

Caporegime
Cheers folks! Not exactly normal to run back n chop someone down when 10 of your team are in front of the ball and defending positions...

I'd love to know the rational for a footballer to do such a thing. They earn well... So I always imagine there's something else going on other than just a like for gambling.
It's a handball, even worse.

Caporegime
The foul itself is never going to stand up as proof of anything. Could’ve been needle the entire game and McGinn loves a foul so wouldn’t be surprised if Paq just wanted to stick one in on him.

Andy Carroll used to do this sort of thing, so did Ashley Barnes, maybe they need to be looked into as well. They’re total dirt bags mind.

Either way saying it’s “so obvious” is just nonsense.

That being said the odds feel very dodgy.

Last edited:
Associate
“BREAKING:

The investigation started from a bet on Paquetá's yellow card in West Ham's 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, on March 12, for the Premier League.

The Brazilian midfielder took the yellow in the 24th minute of the second half.

Initial analysis showed that on that day several new accounts were created at Betway, account linked with people close to Paqueta, with users depositing the maximum amount allowed. These accounts made a married bet to increase the winnings: the authors would only receive the money if Paquetá took yellow against Villa and if the striker Luiz Henrique, from Betis, received the card against Villarreal, on the same day on March 12.

@geglobo”

Seen this on twitter. If true he’s in big trouble

Back
Top Bottom