Parallels 19 is out (the thread previously about Parallels 17 and 18)

Commissario
Just had a ping to let me know that Parallels 17 has been released and it's fully M1 compatible - It's still not entirely clear whether it emulates Windows x64 or if it's just the ARM version though.

Commissario
OP
I paid £39.99 to renew Parallels in April and now they want another £39.99 to upgrade to 17, I find that a bit cheeky.
They release a new version every year - I'm on their subscription programme and I downloaded Parallels 16 on the 11th August 2020 so it's been almost exactly a year.

This may be my last year. I still need Windows for one or two little tasks but I have a little Dell SFF PC I might repurpose for that and run headless.

Commissario
OP
They always seem to claim it's x% faster even back from the early days.
That's the bit that always makes me chuckle. If I were to run up a VM on an old version of Parallels and then look at all the claimed speed increases over the years, the new version should be able to open a VM before I've even clicked on it.

I started moving some of the few apps I still run in a VM onto a spare PC yesterday evening. I should be able to get everything done before my Parallels license renews at the start of December and then I'll cancel it.

Commissario
OP
I had the renewal come through for Parallels, it’s gone from £44.99 last year to £65.99.

I’m very pleased that I no longer need to run Adobe Muse under a Mojave VM and I took great pleasure in cancelling the renewal. I’ve been using it since V7, they’re now on V19.

Back
Top Bottom