Paris Olympics 2024

Commissario
Russian athletes should be banned from this competition. Grrrrr
There's no stupid ROC team this time, I'm sure I saw that there were a dozen or so competing for another similarly named team (AIN?) but they wouldn't appear on any medals tables and weren't allowed in the opening ceremony. Are there more than that?

Soldato
Is the discovery coverage of events, also on bbc, better ? commentator (less partisan/better qualified) or camera angle wise
like more underwater in swimming to appreciate stroke, or more regular reminders of whose onin each lane;
may sign up next week, if I don't find a friend, so I can see vuelta too - 4K hdr on opening ceremony must have been good.

TT cycling Didn't hear if referees did investigate corner where several tt female cyclists went down - oil suspected , knowing what happened to others seemed like could have been a big advantage
(should be incommunicado)

e: obs there are Palestinian competitors even though france apparently/surprisingly doesn't recognise country - heard swimmer interview

e2: bbc should do merchandise - I need one of those large transparent umbrellas cycling comm had.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What can anyone say for this wonderful woman , Celine. She is a living legend . May god bless her . That is all I have to say for the opening ceremony

Her rendition of Edith Piaf's classic L'Hymne à l'Amour was superb and I perfect start to the games. She's been missed and I hope her new album is released soon.

Back
Top Bottom