Paris Olympics 2024

That rowing gold was utterly inspirational. Rowing is so gruelling, there's no last minute burst of adrenaline to take it, you're drawing on years of training and effort and mental resilience to just push and push and push. And to take it on the last stroke with the most perfect timing is actually amazing.

And they speak really well.

Yes, that's what I noticed. Her in particular, she's so articulate in what she has to say with very intelligent and well worded answers. Then I googled her and I'm not surprised. She's an academic whizz kid as well as multiple medal winning rower. :eek:

Grainger holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Edinburgh,[7] a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Medical Law and Medical Ethics from the University of Glasgow,[8] and a Doctor of Philosophy in law from King's College London

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I noticed. Her in particular, she's so articulate in what she has to say with very intelligent and well worded answers. Then I googled her and I'm not surprised. She's an academic whizz kid as well as multiple medal winning rower. :eek:

Grainger holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Edinburgh,[7] a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Medical Law and Medical Ethics from the University of Glasgow,[8] and a Doctor of Philosophy in law from King's College London
Also Dame Katherine Grainger is the current Chair of UK Sport.

In general I have noticed this about pretty much all the athletes in the GB team across all events. Not like listening to Harry Kane in a post match interview where you can see the point at which his only 2 brain cells start beating the crap out of each other :)

In general I have noticed this about pretty much all the athletes in the GB team across all events. Not like listening to Harry Kane in a post match interview where you can see the point at which his only 2 brain cells start beating the crap out of each other :)
Aye, a lot of them get into their sport through university clubs. A pal of my brother was in the U.K. shooting team I think it was for a couple of Olympics from that.

Judges in the BMX finals have gone FAR to big on first run scores....

Given out a 94 in first run.... Gives very little room for second run scores....

Back
Top Bottom