Paris Olympics 2024

Team USA on slightly dodgy ground against Serbia in the basketball. They are 9 points down with 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Haven’t been in the lead most of the game.

^Indeed. If people aren't beating their horse to make them dance, they're probably tormenting them psychologically by taking them on tours of the findus lasagna factory.

Last edited:
Female athletes, particularly runners. Now I don't get it, I don't understand why only some where shorts.

Some of those outfits are decidedly 'hungry' and I can't imagine them being comfortable running around the track.

But then I ain't a woman so I have no idea. It doesn't seem to impair their performances.

Female athletes, particularly runners. Now I don't get it, I don't understand why only some where shorts.

Some of those outfits are decidedly 'hungry' and I can't imagine them being comfortable running around the track.

But then I ain't a woman so I have no idea. It doesn't seem to impair their performances.
As a mere amateur a lot of it is just down to regulating body temperature. The cooler you can run your body the better you will be able to perform. Some athletes are just going to be able to control that better, whereas others will prefer to have as little clothing as possible.
Its the same with men as well where you have some wearing loser or shorter clothing than others who may prefer to wear tighter outfits.

Last edited:
KJT in the final 800M tonight she goes in leading :cool:

Edit: Maybe not thought it was over according to BBC its still going and Thiam got 121 point lead :(

Last edited:
Thiam was always expected to be in the lead after the javelin. She's so much better than KJT and they were in different groups because of it.

KJT is faster in the 800m but I have no idea what that 121 points is in seconds?? Looking good for a medal and that's what I'm hoping for more than anything else. Got to remember Thiam is aiming for her 3rd straight title. Losing to her would be no disgrace.

Thiam was always expected to be in the lead after the javelin. She's so much better than KJT and they were in different groups because of it.

KJT is faster in the 800m but I have no idea what that 121 points is in seconds?? Looking good for a medal and that's what I'm hoping for more than anything else. Got to remember Thiam is aiming for her 3rd straight title. Losing to her would be no disgrace.
About 8.5 seconds according to the internet. KJT PB is about 6 seconds quicker than Thiams it seems.

Back
Top Bottom