Parking Fines - your experiences

Soldato
Morning all!

Just off the back of my own personal experience, I am wondering if anyone here has a story reference refuted parking fines or disputes?

I was being hounded by DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) and then Zenith and then BWLegal reference purposed parking fines for a Britannia car park from 2016. Originally the old advise was to "ignore these letters" but actually now since the BPA rules have changed, its always best to address these in the correct way.

Needless to say I was confident that the above purposed PCN was issued error, I ALWAYS pay for parking, and have never knowingly left a car park late by my own admission.

After fighting this since 2016 I received and email last night from Britannia Parking as pasted below:

"Dear ********,

Please find enclosed your SAR request.

Britannia Parking have amended their processes in line with current BPA guidelines, furthermore on review of the Parking Charge Notice I can confirm we have decided to no longer continue with our legal case for PCN ***** and ******.

We have instructed BW Legal to close the claim.

Regards

Training and Compliance Manager
"

The funniest part of all of this is that I only ever received paperwork for one of these purposed PCN's but apparently there were two against me on record.....

After checking the information they supplied that they held about me on record (SAR Request), the SAR even showed that a Valid payment to park was made, for my registration for both supposed offences? Which has left me entirely baffled.

None the less I am happy with the result. But the threatening letters of "possible" claims and "letter before actions" can catch a lot of people off guard. There are lots of resources available to those who may be going through similar so please do not unwilling pay these cowboys without doing some research first.

In effect i would be £160 x 2 out of pocket if I had blindly paid.

After doing a fair amount of research in my spare time myself over the last few years the regulations and laws enforced on these companies is not enough in its current form.

However there are new CoP being backed by many MP's which should soon make it impossible for these companies to continue to operate in this manner if new legislations are passed.

Does anyone else have any good stories reference these kinds of parking companies and collectors?

Soldato
OP
Had 4 parking charge notices from these parking cowboys... successfully contested all 4.
Private parking is a bloody wild west and needs proper legislation/regulation.

I dread to think how many people they've conned out of hundreds of pounds.

But yeah...greengrocer's apostrophe... Aaaargggg....

Under what principles did they try to charge you? No payment? Overstay? Just out of interest.

Yeah apologies but SP/Grammar never was a strong point of mine. So if you can help point out my mistakes Ill try learn from them.

Soldato
OP
Not paying, even though their photographic "evidence" clearly showed the parking ticket... :rolleyes:

My appeal was pretty simple: your photos clearly shows the ticket displayed, if you refuse the appeal, give me a POPLA number for adjudication. Needless to say I won all 4 at POPLA, and the parking cowboys wasted £100.

Haha I only said it in jest :p
But so you know: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/greengrocer's_apostrophe

OOOO the thread title!

Back
Top Bottom