Parking for Liverpool V Dortmund

Soldato
Hi Guys
I'm taking my son to his first Liverpool game tomorrow and was wondering which is my best method of travel and parking.
We are in Chester so its not very far at all.
Does anyone know and secure carparks near by, or are we best parking in city centre then getting a taxi to Anfeild, or train from Chester to Liverpool then taxi ?
Can't wait not been myself since 1986 when my dad first took me :D

Soldato
Secure and Liverpool :D

Non-gob****e and Hertfordshire. ;)

There's loads matchday car parks, but they're mostly small and first come first served. Parking on the street is relatively safe, but if you don't know the area or where there's decent parking, I wouldn't rely on that.

So either get there early, or train it.

Caporegime
If you go hour and a half before kick off you can get parked on the street within walking distance of the ground, car has been as safe there as any other ground despite the bad jokes when I've been.

Soldato
If you don't mind a 20 minute walk, Cherry Lane has free parking on the left hand side (closer side to Anfield), not the right as that is residents only. If you can't get in on the left, go just a bit further down and there are some shops, there's parking outside of them for free.

http://goo.gl/AkP12K

If you'd rather park in a car park then carry on up Utting Avenue and there is a car park on the left after Pinehurst Avenue or do a u-turn at Priory Road and theres a car park on the other side of Utting Avenue.

If you use one of the car parks just beware that it takes an awfully long time to get out after the match, especially the one on the left of Utting Ave.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the help guys
I'm either going to drive to Liverpool one and park there then taxi to and from
or train and taxi to and from
I don't drive well in big unknown cities and i'll panic and end up in Manchester or something

Back
Top Bottom