Parped...move along now!

Soldato
OP
Evening BaBa, why do any of us start anything? Happy new racks sah at least you have all the hardware you need thats a big part of the battle.
I would give ati a try once i get present hardware running as i like it, and that means understanding every last little part that goes into the larger picture and ends with a completed wu so far am not doing to bad. I will give ati a try in a few months when my own personal dust has settled and we can see what the red team refresh brings.
Those accelero coolers are one of only two things that have made my jaw drop of late, the other being the elctricity usage ahh why worry lol
I hope your build go's according to plan, you seem to know what you want to do and how to go about it. As an incoming noob i can still respect the intelligence and experience of someone streets ahead of myself, i hope we see some updates from you and maybe some pics.
Fingers crossed and all the best sah.......don't question yourself, just go do it and revel in your achievement when it's complete!!! :D:D

Right now who's snatched me b..... power driver argghhhhhh :eek::D

Associate
Suppose I'd better issue BA with the standard PARP!!!

Luckily it's not late - due to a BT outage just prior to the SETI outage I was unable to upload and claim credit for a few completed wu's.

Just hope your taking notice and have already started packing :D

Associate
Will hopefully post some pics in the rigs post when its lookin a little more complete probably over the weekend:) (if all goes well)

Just got a parp as i posted OUCH:eek:
Hope after the reshuffle i should be good for 75-80k a day in seti with some luck.

bs_msig.php

Last edited:
Associate
Just got a parp as i posted OUCH:eek:
Hope after the reshuffle i should be good for 75-80k a day in seti with some luck.

Sounds Useful :D

I'm hoping for around 100k once things settle - pending rising rapidly with RAC slowly following.

Also, this should increase by a further 15k - 20k in a few weeks with more upgrades to follow after Christmas. Water Cooling to start with two more 470's shortly after.

dum de dum de dum :D

Soldato
OP
Ahh Mr Loudbob sah, i reminder as if i needed one that i shouldnt rest on my laurels for long your 100k is a bit close for comfort hopefully my rigs should start to settle down and give me around the 110,000 mark fingers crossed.
Look forward to those pics and details Mr Baba best of luck!

Soldato
OP
With parps so few and far between i will have to extend the range wot wot!

A parp to Mr br83taylor 7-9 days, please be so kind and leave the place in an orderly state you have no idea the mess i've had to clean up on the way here:D:D:D

Associate
:eek: Didnt know you had got that close in Einstein, and me with two rigs out for gpu swaps :eek:

Swapped a load or rigs about lastnight found out the hard way DFI 790fx dont do 1055t's:(
On the hunt for another K9A2 platinum to relpace it and still not got the 1500w thermaltake i ordered a week ago for the next day:mad:

Soldato
OP
Morning Mr BaBa am miles away from your einstein total it's just a stop gap until seti is fixed :)
Good choice of psu i went for the same model on 2 of the rigs and have had no problem so far, when they say 15oow that is it whereas others can peak at 1600 but hey ho.

Man of Honour
Silverstone make a good alternative if the Thermaltake looks like taking too long. Thats what I'm using on weebeastie now. Not skipped a beat.

Associate
Its arrived and is running 3 5970's on milkyway.
Two iterations seem to crash after 30 seconds or so but im going ahead with the build (adding the forth and a 1kw psu) all on a custom mount/riser thingy mounted on one of my racks(building it now:confused:).
Cant have them running for long anyway ,too close together.
So i need the riser to test it with different drivers etc anyway:(

Associate
With parps so few and far between i will have to extend the range wot wot!

A parp to Mr br83taylor 7-9 days, please be so kind and leave the place in an orderly state you have no idea the mess i've had to clean up on the way here:D:D:D

sorry not going to be able to do much against your mighty output, will ahve to rely on SETI outages to stay ahead....

And that state of the cell, it was like that when i found it honest...

Soldato
OP
Its arrived and is running 3 5970's on milkyway.
Two iterations seem to crash after 30 seconds or so but im going ahead with the build (adding the forth and a 1kw psu) all on a custom mount/riser thingy mounted on one of my racks(building it now:confused:).
Cant have them running for long anyway ,too close together.
So i need the riser to test it with different drivers etc anyway:(

Oh sweet am liking the sound of that! Of course i was a bit clueless when i started and thought a 1500w would power 2 x 480 + 2 x 470 so rather than it get really complicated new cases extra psu i just got rid of the 480 and done a 2x4 nice and neat. I guess i will have to start and pull my weight on milkyway have been sat watching others fly by, will make astart this week.
Best of luck with the build Mr BaBa sah, if your not too buisy could we trouble you for some pics? I love a good nosey :D

sorry not going to be able to do much against your mighty output, will ahve to rely on SETI outages to stay ahead....

And that state of the cell, it was like that when i found it honest...

Hi Mr br83taylor i guess were all going to have to play the waiting game and see how the new server pans out. Must admit i miss seti something rotten but am putting the cycles to good use.....fingers crossed we can all get going again real soon :)

Associate
Will post some pics later in the week:)

Its built with the new riser and all the pcie's on extension cables but i screwed up in my design and now i will have to take the card back plates off so they sit down in the slots:mad:
Not going to try and power on tonight too many ££££ in one place,will check it over in the morning and give it a run:)

Back
Top Bottom