Part identification

Soldato
Just picked up a new to me Nissan E-NV200, and there's a couple of non standard bits installed and I'm clueless as to what they are - I'm not sure whether they're linked to one another?

First is this black box, with a red light on it....

v0vh0aV.jpeg

4 wires going to it

7FkQy7V.jpeg

Second part is this - the buttons audibly beep when pressed with no other apparent function - cable running up under the dash

UxWJi4f.jpeg

Absolutely clueless to what either of them are, and Google Lens isn't helping me identify them either - can non artificial intelligence help identify them?

Last edited:
Looks like some sort of telemetry to me.

Lens isn't too helpful but it does show this on the second picture, far down the results mind: https://images.app.goo.gl/3xSi5qnCtsq9HXA38

I'd bet the black box is the transmitter and the one with buttons is a control box for whatever programming needs done to set them up. I've never had one so really just guesswork. It really doesn't make much sense to have what I have presumed to be a single/rare use controller on such prominent display, so high chance I'm wronger than wrong.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be too hard to trace back the wires to see where they go and see if they are connected. The second looks like a PIN Keypad or Controller for MAP or Pedal Box type system.

Did you not think to ask the seller?
Don't be so ridiculous, why would I do that when I can ask the internet!? :p

I should have clarified that the seller said they were installed already when he bought the van, and he never queried it.

Ex company van perchance?

Certainly seems that way!

As long as they don't ever interfere with my ability to use the van then I'm not too fussed - but I would rather remove them once I know what they are!

Reactions: mjt
Back
Top Bottom