Poll: Pay rise 2022

What do you expect as a pay rise this year?

• Total voters
Soldato
1.2% decided with another 1.2% based on getting "positive financial results" for a grand total of 2.5% "potentially" which, when based on a current inflation of 5.4%, isn't looking good but still better than some :(

Associate
Public sector here, Unison won’t agree With what has been offered (around 1.75% I think) so looking like nothing for the foreseeable

I think that was for last April's pay rise, but the way things are going I don't see them agreeing to anything.

Caporegime
Unless you really need the money, i'd consider diverting it to pension. Afterall you're not really missing it as you've never had it.

Our salary and bonuses are pretty much company profits driven. If we don't have a good year then i don't see the company giving out 7% payrises just because of inflation. Thankfully we're in a booming sector, so if we repeat last FY then should be fairly decent.

It'll be going on holiday stuff. Haven't had a holiday abroad in years. And I don't want to miss out when health is OK

Soldato
5% and I was told the company average was 1%. I'm not sure I believe it could be that low but who knows. If so it's disgusting as the company has done really well over the past two years.

My wife hasn't had a pay rise for 3 years but they did boost everyone's holiday entitlement.

Associate
If I'm lucky 2% here in the public sector which is a kick in the teeth as I worked my ass off getting the organisation to be able to work from home and remotely as much as possible the last 2 years without any bonus or thanks for all the extra hours I did with my fellow Network engineers to invert our business from an internal service to an external capable service.

My manager left as well and I have struggled unofficially running the team for over 6 months now with not enough staff resources, I got to the point I started refusing to do overtime and we couldn't recruit a new manager or base level engineers. Base engineer applicants were horrendous and none with even Cisco qualifications that could read basic requirements for their applications, no one will even touch the managers post.

Soldato
Had a decent pay rise and bonus last year so not expecting as much this year. Will be happy with 4-5% and about the same as bonus at the end of the year.

Saying that with work on HS2 and couple of other large projects ramping up I may be nicely surprised.

Not sure what we'll see in the NHS 0 or 1% I would expect. Time to find some private work I think.

Pretty much this. I voted <2% as we might be lucky enough to get 1%, but most years it has been 0% except for 2021 when we got 3%. I quite like my NHS job itself though because I like the people who I work with and the annual leave of 7 weeks + BH is very generous. Private sector was the minimum 4 weeks + BH!

I see most people on here have voted 2-3.99% but even that is effectively a pay cut with inflation now. Anything below about 6% is going to be a pay cut.

Soldato
The last pay rise I got was, I think, 4 years ago and it took me 3 months to even notice I’d got an increase on my basic. I’m not hopeful of getting anything this year.

After nearly 17 years at the same company, albeit through various acquisitions, I think it may be time to do something about it.

Man of Honour
Usually averages about 3% a year :s better than nothing I guess. Any significant pay increase usually comes with a sting in the tail like not replacing a role when someone leaves so as to keep the wage bill static.

Soldato
2.5% here although I only started recently and managed to bag a 35% increase on the previous role so I can’t grumble!

Soldato
I guess the only way public sector workers will see a 5-10% payrise outside of a promotion is if the government increases tax quite significantly.

Soldato
I guess the only way public sector workers will see a 5-10% payrise outside of a promotion is if the government increases tax quite significantly.

Sad but true - because getting rid of multiple levels of "management" who's only job is to justify the existence of their job would be far too sensible, so the whole system remains grossly inefficient :(

Associate
I got 13.5%, but I was a graduate moving up to junior engineer.

I still don't think that I'm paid well though and it's difficult to estimate what I should be earning as my reference data is from 2018 and obviously inflation has gone mental recently.

My feeling at the moment is that I'll wrap up my current projects (for chartership reasons) and look to move on towards the end of the year.

Soldato
I'm going to be getting something like +100% but that's thanks to changing jobs completely so not really a pay rise (still pretty sweet though!) If I hadn't got this I'd still be in civil service so would be expecting absolutely nothing and to continue to be tragically underpaid in the first place

Back
Top Bottom