PC black screen / crash

Associate
Hi there just after some advice my pc keeps crashing randomly can go a weeks with out crashing then crash 3 times in a night all i do is game on it now I've had this issue for 4 years now what's I've done to try and solve is is replace the hard drive the CPU and the ram also the gpu thinking originally it was gpu issue and put up with it for 4 years decided enough is enough and bought new cpu and gpu now its crashing again :( only things left to change is psu and motherboard temps all seem fine i am going crazy here any help would be apricated

old spec of pc
3900x cpu
5700xt gpu
32gb of 3200 ram
mother board is x570 aorus elite
evga 750 80+ gold

new spec

5800x3d
7900 gre
32gb 3200 ram
mother board is x570 aorus elite
evga 750 80+ gold

Now for things that seem to help is me undervolting the gpu makes it more stable if i play it all on default it crashes now everthing in my body screaming psu but id thought id ask here please save me

many thanks

Associate
OP
That is correct only things not replaced is motherboard and psu bios is latest versions the card is powered of two separate cables i change brand on the memory and i had and use xmp enabled on them both
i have no idea what this is CSTATES is so it would be default

i use x2 screens both on DisplayPort one at 144hz and 1 at 60hz i watch a lot of you tube and twitch on second monitor and game on the main 144hz monitor i play wow and rust
it has crashed when watching video before i have hardware acceleration turned of on chrome i dont use discord really on my pc my phone only

cpu is stock

when it black screen it keeps the sound going rust will crash and wont recover were wow will recover but will reset my undervolt on gpu it sometimes will also turn second monitor black when it crashes other times it wont
i am trying to think of other info to help it can go weeks with no issue and then it will just start up its driving me crazy i thought the new cpu and gpu would fix it at this point i am thinking throw another 250 quid at it and its a new pc new board and cpu :(

ive tried loads of fixes on the internet nothing seems to work

thanks for your help

Associate
OP
I understand, but I strongly recommend that you try it because using multiple monitors, mixing refresh rates, display outputs 'n stuff can be a common source of problems and if it does fix the issue then we can look for workarounds to get it less problematic. If it makes no difference then at least you can just rule it ouill
I will try that as a last resort thanks you again

Associate
OP
Hi mate I am running the f39 bios
I updated before I installed jt I am going to try running memory at stock for a while and if it still crashes maybe try one monitor the if that fails Maybe new psu ohhh the joys I am thinking of maybe trying new display port cables think that would help ?

Associate
OP
No sorry i mean my fps in game is lower and less smooth with ram at stock this is a very random problem may only crash 1 time 2 weeks if that makes sense its more annoying than anything i am just trying to stop it happing at all

Associate
OP
so update i bought a new psu and new motherboard and rebuilt it in a new case with a lot more fans so basically its a new pc haha and it still crashes i am taking crazy pills

so i have a 144hz monitor and a 60hz monitor both running of display port cables could this be the issue ?

Associate
OP
5800x3d @ stock
7900 gre @ stock
Msi gaming plus b550
Be quite big air cooler
M.2 nvme crucial p5 plus 2tb
rm850x
32gb x2 sticks 3200 with xmp enabled

I am using a brand new surge protector ill try plugging pc stright to wall

As i say it can go days even weeks then it will crash more annoying than anything just spent 1200 quid and same issue ha

Associate
OP
ive done that when i built the new pc been looking online and its points to the screens being different hz can cause problems thinking of buying new cables there anything special i should look for in dp cables ?

Associate
OP
I am using x2 cables from the psu it used to crash with the 5700xt thats why I bought new gpu next time it crashes ill check the log this is so frustrating

thanks all for the help

Associate
OP
I have changed everything new ram new m.2 its totally new pc with new os only thing that's not changed is the monitors

There both on dp cables 1440p one is 3 year old 144hz witch is main for gaming and the other is 10 year olds with 60hz that all I use for is twitch and you tube or watching movies

I am at a lost it may only crash 3 times a month but its annoying and frustrating it can go 25 days no crash then boom so I've thought I've fixed it a few times and I've not I've read everything online tried all sorts nothing

Someone suggest use the psu plug in the mains not on surge protector but that sort of defeats the object

Maybe gaming on one for a while but it's hard going back to one monitor it passes all stress tests I do on it

Associate
OP
I've changed the dp cables yesterday and it crashed this afternoon so only think left to change is the old 60hz monitor but I don't think that would cause crashes I am running out of ideas

Back
Top Bottom